NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a car show in Fredericksburg Texas this spring. [1.5 hours west of austin] Find out more at www.TEXASVWCLASSIC.COM it will be this weekend April 19 20 21 this year 2013!Mostly airheds,but I have entered Pedro,and am seeing more than 10 more water cooled already! Cruise in the Texas Hill Country on saturday and then BBQ dinner saturday night,and show on Sunday. Thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
There is a car show in Fredericksburg Texas this spring. [1.5 hours west of austin] Find out more at The Biggest Volkswagen Show in Texas - Texas VW Classic it will be this weekend April 19 20 21 this year 2013!Mostly airheds,but I have entered Pedro,and am seeing more than 10 more water cooled already! Cruise in the Texas Hill Country on saturday and then BBQ dinner saturday night,and show on Sunday. Thanks for looking.
When you say you're seeing 10 water-cooleds already, is that just Beetles, or other VW models? I ask because up here (Wisconsin/Minnesota), most air-cooled dominated shows are lucky to have 2-3 post-1998 Bugs and maybe a combination of 5 Jettas, GTIs, Golfs, Sciroccos,or Corrados. Then again, here's the weird part: From my experience as a NB owner, Bugs with radiators, especially those kept stock, are embraced better at predominantly air-cooled shows than at the all-water-cooled VW events, and this is why I'd never bother with something like SOWO or Waterfest.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say you're seeing 10 water-cooleds already, is that just Beetles, or other VW models? I ask because up here (Wisconsin/Minnesota), most air-cooled dominated shows are lucky to have 2-3 post-1998 Bugs and maybe a combination of 5 Jettas, GTIs, Golfs, Sciroccos,or Corrados. Then again, here's the weird part: From my experience as a NB owner, Bugs with radiators, especially those kept stock, are embraced better at predominantly air-cooled shows than at the all-water-cooled VW events, and this is why I'd never bother with something like SOWO or Waterfest.
Its kinda hard to tell.I can see about 8 new beetles so far,6 water cooled vans, a mkiv gti and a jetta. Not everyone registered has posted pictures yet,so Im going to wait until tomorrow to see whats really going on. There are a lot of old beetles and vans already out there. Its not a fast and furious wanna be,with stretced out tires kinda thing,if you know what I mean!:)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I counted at least 15 new beetles,with B12 and13's! We took a ride thru the Texas Hill Country and ended up in Luckenbach Texas! Everyone was super cool, I would have to guesstimate there was at least three to four hundred cars there, the line in the cruise was about four miles long.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, it's that time of year again. Next weekend the weekend of April 18th this thing is happening again in Central Texas! :)
It was loads of fun, and everybody was cool!
I did not recognize any signs of separation between the two groups. I think everyone is happy just to be alive in Texas! :)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
That's good to hear that there seems to be no division of air vs water down that way. Even up here, NBs/B12+s are slowly but surely increasing at all-VW shows. And as well they should be, considering that the earliest NBs are now 16 years old.

With that said, and believe me, there are still some very closed-minded people out there in Cyberspace. A few months ago, I was fed to the lions on an air-cooled forum on the Vortex for DARING to state that water-cooled Beetles are just as much Beetles as the Old-school models.:rolleyes:

I haven't returned to that site since, and I doubt I ever will again.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, they're camped out tonight. Tomorrow is the show, and the cruise in the Texas Hill Country. And sunday is the awards!
:)
I will be there tomorrow, taking lots of pictures!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm also putting up a small video clip of the run, on Facebook. The collective.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I'm having problems getting the video clip to go to the collective part of Facebook.
It goes on my homepage just fine, but its not showing up on the collective... ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts