jdub-vdub
1,273 Posts
The mini cooper does a sexy black and tan interior

Nothing is sexier than Aura's interior on her CC tho

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
thanks jdubvdub....I see there was a Barbie Edition in '07 too. The latest "Barbie" NB looks closer to red than pink in my opinion tho

About the VW Beetle Special Editions | New Beetle Barbie

Volkswagen of Mexico, produced at their Puebla plant, a limited edition New Beetle Barbie inspired by Mattel's Barbie range of toys. Only 13 units were made in pink bodywork color, sunroof and matching interior accents. 'Sarasota' alloy wheels. 2.0 liter models

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
The mini cooper does a sexy black and tan interior

Nothing is sexier than Aura's interior on her CC tho
VW missed the boat on the black and tan mang. It's like tan overkill with our beetles. The black and tan would have made it easier on the eyes, especially after years of use.

thanks jdubvdub....I see there was a Barbie Edition in '07 too. The latest "Barbie" NB looks closer to red than pink in my opinion tho

About the VW Beetle Special Editions | New Beetle Barbie

Volkswagen of Mexico, produced at their Puebla plant, a limited edition New Beetle Barbie inspired by Mattel's Barbie range of toys. Only 13 units were made in pink bodywork color, sunroof and matching interior accents. 'Sarasota' alloy wheels. 2.0 liter models
There's even a thread here dedicated to the Barbie Beetle. If you click here, you'll find it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Honestly, I didn't realize how many pink NB's existed before the last 10 minutes of browsing the forum. I can honestly say that in the last 11 years of the New Beetle's production I have NEVER seen a pink one in person.

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
There are any number of dealerships lately that have been taking to painting custom colors on Beetles just to sell them. Sales are down, mostly in part due to VW's lack of any new anything. All of their "fun" cars were from a few years ago or older. ((other than that Barbie Beetle, and very few people will drive it! ))

If you were to go to Europe , you can still custom order a Beetle with any of the Engines ever offered, the 1.8 Turbo, the 1.9 TDI, etc.

But here in the U.S. we're stuck with the 2.5 and *basic* interior options.

Either they are ramping up for a completely new Beetle design (the rumor) or they are going to kill off Beetles alltogether in the U.S.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I swear, they better not kill beetles all together here. I think too many people love them. I do not plan on having any other kind of car. I will always have a beetle... I will get a truck too, for the horses, but, as long as VW doesn't stop making them, I will have them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a 2000 1.8l (Gls I believe) that is having some electrical problems with the battery terminal fuse box. The wires keep getting hot and melting the fuse box. Should I just replace the wires? I tried scrubbing the corrosion off...

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
For the fusebox replacement: you might get a improved fusebox by techsmart or motorking; however, the KEY, is to fix the cause of the problem. The melted fusebox; many times is the symptom, of a greater problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the fusebox replacement: you might get a improved fusebox by techsmart or motorking; however, the KEY, is to fix the cause of the problem. The melted fusebox; many times is the symptom, of a greater problem.

We were going to replace the negative cable to the alternator with a 4 gauge wire.

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
I would follow the testing procedures; shown in the video, to confirm the problem. Then, when you have identified the issue; repair or replace, the needed parts and that should fix your problems.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts