NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popular Science, best of 2005 features Volkswagen Twincharger engine:

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/bown2005/autotech/aeb1010188327010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

From the (short) article (more like a note to be honest):

<< Now available in Europe in the sporty Golf GT, Volkswagen's Twincharger system consists of a highly economical 1.4-liter direct-injection four-cylinder engine equipped with both a supercharger and a turbocharger. The supercharger, belt-driven off the crankshaft, compensates for the engine's small displacement by forcing air into the cylinders at low revs to bolster torque. As the tachometer climbs, an exhaust-gas-driven turbocharger further boosts the horsepower. The GT hits 62 mph in 7.9 seconds and goes on to 136 mph, while returning an impressive average of 39 mpg. >>

Now if this was in a NB I could have a new really cool gas-saving NB (I live in CA so forget the TDI :( ).

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
neko said:
I hate it too... but I can still claim this is for the popsci reference :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Yep, you can claim the Popsci reference. As I hadn't seen it online yet. (I saw it in the magazine a few weeks ago)

Don't delete this as some people might not have seen the article or the other thread! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts