NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

I've made some spoilers for the New Beetle in Carbon Fiber, Silver Fiber and Carbon Kevlar. They're modelled after the Votex one (without 3rd brake light) which is a factory accessory.

I took some pics of them. Any interest in them?

Thanks.

Sprint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics...

Ta da!!!
There are the pics!

From the back...

From the side...

From the top...

And the various materials available...

Enjoy!

Sprint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FineExampl said:
Very nice! 2 questions: 1. What is the pricing like?; 2. What's the install like?
Thanks for the compliments! :)

To answer your first question... Honestly, I haven't decided on pricing. But based on the material cost and labor and all, I'm thinking about $400 each, shipped to your door. Bear in mind shipping is a killer since I'm in Singapore.

However, a better price is definitely possible with a group buy.

2nd question on installation. Very simple! It installs exactly like the original Votex accessory. You could either glue it or use 3M double-sided tape which I'll supply.

The spoiler requires NO drilling and is very light hence the tape can mount it very rigidly.

Hit me with more questions. :)

Sprint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's an idea!

slugbug123 said:
have you thought about selling them on ebay? i'd feel more comfortable buying it through there.
I could sell them on eBay. But I thought I'd approach the community here first. I mean eBay have auctions with a timeframe you have to adhere to... as in they end at such and such a time and you need to search for the item, etc...

Good suggestion. I'd try put up an auction and post the link here?

Happy New Year!!! :)

Sprint.

·
175 Posts
I agree, they look nice but $400 for such a small spoiler is very steep. $150 to $200 would be more reasonable in my opinion. I do like the small subtle design. It doesn't interfere with the original lines of the car like some of the large spoilers do.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Well, I know shipping is a bear from the far east, so I figure with a group buy (and have them shipped to a central location, and from there, then ship them out), we could maybe see $300 or so. If we get a groupbuy going, I'd like one in carbon fiber. :)

·
BUG THIS
565 Posts
SprintStar said:
Hello All,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

I've made some spoilers for the New Beetle in Carbon Fiber, Silver Fiber and Carbon Kevlar. They're modelled after the Votex one (without 3rd brake light) which is a factory accessory.

I took some pics of them. Any interest in them?

Thanks.

Sprint.
How much are they?

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
SprintStar said:
Thanks for the compliments! :)

To answer your first question... Honestly, I haven't decided on pricing. But based on the material cost and labor and all, I'm thinking about $400 each, shipped to your door. Bear in mind shipping is a killer since I'm in Singapore.

However, a better price is definitely possible with a group buy.

2nd question on installation. Very simple! It installs exactly like the original Votex accessory. You could either glue it or use 3M double-sided tape which I'll supply.

The spoiler requires NO drilling and is very light hence the tape can mount it very rigidly.

Hit me with more questions. :)

Sprint.
See above for pricing.

-Des

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
i wouldn't mind one in silver fiber but like others have said..the price would have to come down a bit

looks like quality stuff though! good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts