NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
brute strength of six...
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's mine

this engine shot is from the 1st day after install.

this is one of the latest pics

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
what kind of turbo....jsut a t3/t4

·
brute strength of six...
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
marvins_dad said:
Sweet!!!:goodjob:

The only other setup like that I have seen was in a GTI.

What kind of numbers are you getting with that setup.

Love seeing you extreeme guys with your swapped engines!

Thanks marvins_dad, I am planning to have it on the dyno real soon. I'll post up the numbers.

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
hhmmm t04 huh.... i wanna play with it!!!

·
Audiophile
74 Posts
how much did it net for the swap (minus the turbo)? what was it before? did you do it yourself? how hard was it? how long did it take?

and on and on:p

·
brute strength of six...
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Preston said:
how much did it net for the swap (minus the turbo)? what was it before? did you do it yourself? how hard was it? how long did it take?

and on and on:p
The car was a 2.0 before the swap... I had a shop do the install, prices vary for swaps depending on how much you want to do!!! like tranny swap, wiring and so on!! My car took quite a bit of time due to the Turbo set up...

You wanna make sure the wiring is correct to the T, no shortcuts!!!! tranny, axles and so on have to be accounted for.

for a estimated price on a basic vr swap professionally installed - it's safe to plan on 4000.00 and quite a bit more for parts!

If you can do it yourself you can save ton's of money, but finding out that you need additional parts and getting hit with an lack of patience is somthing that will make any man wish he had a professional shop do the work!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts