NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with my 1999 vehicle that I recently bought off of craigslist. I went out today to start my car and the car will not start, the oil and brake lights are blinking and making sounds along with some of the other lights. If I turn it all the way the engine doesn't even attempt to start. Please let me know what I can do to fix this, do I just have low oil and that's what's causing it?

Buggygurl

·
5/23/10 <3
11,122 Posts
Have you checked the battery?

·
Registered
13,476 Posts
From what I have seen; if you turn the ignition to the start position and the lights blink/flash (starter won't engage and/or there is a rapid clicking noise).... The battery doesn't have enough energy/voltage to run the starter. The battery needs charged or jumped to start the car; after that, I would have the whole charging system checked, at a auto parts store... To see if the charging system is working as it should.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you two!! It definitely was the battery. I'm really new to driving so I feel silly after this but I was so worried it was something else. I got it recharged and everything looks good.

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
Post moved to proper forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts