NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Rocanroler
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some songs that only a VW Beetle can pull off. Well, aside from all of The Beatles's songs, haha.

I was parked one day when I saw a dark blue beetle drive up with this song blasting through the little opening through their tinted black windows. After that day--I could not imagine any other car pulling off that song as well as that blue beetle did.

Stereo Love ft Vika Jigulina - Edward Maya

I like to jam these songs on my car, because I feel like I can only play them while I'm driving my beetle. Haha. They're much more livelier songs, but that's because I have a brightly coloured bug.

Barbara Streisand - Duck Sauce
Intimate - Crystal Castles
The Time (The Dirty Bit) - Black Eyed Peas
We No Speak Americano - Yolanda Be Cool + Dcup
Love - Zoe

What other songs have you found that only a VW Beetle can drive to? Or what are your favourite songs to listen to while driving?

·
Time to unpimp ze auto!
234 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
When I bought my first NB, I loaded the 6 disc changer, (2003 NB GLS) and A Little Bit You A little Bit Me, one of my favorites, came on, My wife said, "This is the perfect Beetle song." I agreed heartily. I'm a Believer wasn't too bad either.

·
Time to unpimp ze auto!
234 Posts
When I bought my first NB, I loaded the 6 disc changer, (2003 NB GLS) and A Little Bit You A little Bit Me, one of my favorites, came on, My wife said, "This is the perfect Beetle song." I agreed heartily. I'm a Believer wasn't too bad either.
HAHHAHA! Are you sure she didn't mean Beatle?

·
The Rocanroler
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm currently rocking out to:

YouTube - Mike Koglin - The Silence (Matt Darey Tekara Remix)

YouTube - Mix Factory - Take Me Away (Original Mix)

YouTube - The Future Sound of London ? Papua New Guinea

YouTube - Paul Van Dyk - We Are Alive

Mind you I only just bought my NB. It had the 6 CD changer and I didn't have an ipod adapter for the cassette player jut yet, so I put in my old trance mix cds.

But maybe there's something about orange NB drivers who dig vibrant happy music!

Nice! Maybe it is the orange colour. Here's another song that I remember would be great for any VW car (or bus)!

Venga Boys - We Like to Party

I can remember that old man dancing for the magic mountain commercials now!! Hahaha.

·
Time to unpimp ze auto!
234 Posts

·
Time to unpimp ze auto!
234 Posts

·
The Rocanroler
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
488 Posts
Back in the Concept 1 days VW had a contest to pick favorite Beetle songs. They gave the cd's away as promotion for the New Beetle and I suppose they were available for sale as well. I just found one in Germany and purchased it so I'll post a pic and the playlist. It came in a tin that was pressed with the New Beetle logo.

Actually go to this thread
http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...new-beetle/50065-beetle-driving-music-cd.html

·
The Rocanroler
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great! I will check out that thread right now!! They should come up with a new track set for the new 2012 Beetle.

And OhSnap, that is a cute song!

·
The Rocanroler
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's one for the punk rockers like me,

When Your Heart Stops Beating

It's a fast paced song---I tend to go really fast when I'm listening to it.

Today I pulled up at school to swipe my parking pass with this song blasting, and some guy from afar began to headbang and dance, yelling "PUNK BUG!!" . I could see where he got punk from with all the checkers on my car and this song playing haha. :D

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
HAHHAHA! Are you sure she didn't mean Beatle?
LOL She prolly would of! She is a huge fan of the Beatles. I think she was just being nice to me, when she heard it playing, she knew it was one of my favorites. Actually, one of my favorite utube videos is the Monkee/Beatle mix Paper Back Believer!!!

·
OG Black and Pink
3,446 Posts
Here's one for the punk rockers like me,

When Your Heart Stops Beating

It's a fast paced song---I tend to go really fast when I'm listening to it.

Today I pulled up at school to swipe my parking pass with this song blasting, and some guy from afar began to headbang and dance, yelling "PUNK BUG!!" . I could see where he got punk from with all the checkers on my car and this song playing haha. :D
Great song!!! :goodjob:

·
Time to unpimp ze auto!
234 Posts
LOL She prolly would of! She is a huge fan of the Beatles. I think she was just being nice to me, when she heard it playing, she knew it was one of my favorites. Actually, one of my favorite utube videos is the Monkee/Beatle mix Paper Back Believer!!!
The Monkees were like guilty-pleasure Beatles! I have got to look up that mashup on Youtube! One of my favorite mashups (because it's so unexpected and funny) is:

YouTube - ‪Notorious B.I.G and Miley Cyrus - Party And Bullshit In The USA‬‏

1 - 16 of 16 Posts