VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently got my car and in my stupidity tried to park in a small multi story car park where this happened!. It's not a huge scratch or dent but it's such an beautiful car I do not want it to rust and end up looking tacky. If anyone has had a similar problem and fixed it what roughly did it cost?. I have had one estimate for £190 and then another for £300!. The picture makes it look worse than it really is, I'm so annoyed because this could have been avoided. Please help :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Lots of us have that very same damage. It is not a replaceable part, it is a welded piece of the body.

Many of us view this as a "badge of honor". Try to clean it up as much as you can, and Welcome to the Club..... :eek:

Attachments

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
I believe Mr.Chaotica had his repaired at one point. It can be done..it's not fun. I'm fortunate enough to not have had this issue as of yet *knock on wood* and I Hope I never do! Hope you can repair it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for replying guys, haha thanks for the welcome. I don't know how long I will be in that club, I hope I can get it fixed soon. It's going to be costly but I don't want it to rust *worried face*. Fingers crossed this will never happen again!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Lots of us have that very same damage. It is not a replaceable part, it is a welded piece of the body.

Many of us view this as a "badge of honor". Try to clean it up as much as you can, and Welcome to the Club..... :eek:
It is replaceable but not cheap. My 2000 GLS that my daughter drives has rust underneath the rear fender. It is welded on, and has to be torched off, replaced with a new piece, and repainted. I was quoted $800 American at a body shop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow 800, that's a lot I'm just hoping I can get that dent sorted out with the guy that quoted £195. It's my fault I shouldn't have risked it, I'm more than careful now. It's still quite expensive for the size of the dent but I guess it's a good price for removal and a re-paint

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I am planning to do, it will take a maximum of two days which is okay. On other cars the dent wouldn't look as bad but on mine its quite visible. So I have to do something about it. It has taught me a lesson though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts