VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New axle for Beetle Turbo S 6 Speed. Left side. This is a GKN Spidan 23769 axle. GKN is a VW OEM axle supplier. Direct replacement for a Turbo S, but will fit any MK4 VW with 02M 6 speed and nut style hub. $225 shipped in USA. Axle is brand new, never installed still in original box.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this axle; remanufactured or new?
All new, not rebuilt. Factory GKN. GKN sells Löbro & Spidan branded parts, from what I have read they are identical.
Do you have; the equivalent VW part number for this?
It crosses to several VW part numbers, here is a partial list
1J0407453FX
1J0407451P,PV & PX
1J0407451HX
1J0407271LM
1J0407271FD
1J0407271EP
1J0407271AA
I believe it will fit any MK4 VW platform with an 02M & nut CV hub, including some Audis, etc.
Where did you purchase this and is there any warranty left? Thanks. :)
I got it from the UK as I was having trouble finding an axle in the US. I ended up finding another one, so I used that one. I don't know what warranty it has.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Aha! Sourced from the UK! I have been struggling; to find these axles myself and I contacted GKN, new seemed to be from Europe and rebuilt, seem to only be available from the USA supply chain. Very confusing and frustrating; finding these axles or cv joint kits, to rebuild them. In the case of the CV joint kits; I could find the outer CV kits but not the inner, go figure. I don't understand why; GKN only supplies rebuilt stuff here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aha! Sourced from the UK! I have been struggling; to find these axles myself and I contacted GKN, new seemed to be from Europe and rebuilt, seem to only be available from the USA supply chain. Very confusing and frustrating; finding these axles or cv joint kits, to rebuild them. In the case of the CV joint kits; I could find the outer CV kits but not the inner, go figure. I don't understand why; GKN only supplies rebuilt stuff here.
I found the same thing. As hard as they are to find, you should buy this one for a spare!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts