NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks after I got my 2010 red rock edition... one of the center caps fell off! :mad: I have the 17' alloy wheels. I have searched on the internet for a specific part number with no success! It looks horrible but I don't want to pay dealer price if I can get it elsewhere cheaper. Especially if it will just happen again. It is a VW emblem and they appear to come in different sizes. How should I proceed? Measure one of the other?
Any one else have this info or know where I can get the part or part #:confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can't help you here but, I had that happen, luckily in my driveway :). Then I found the other 3 were close to coming off as well so I re-glued all 4.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Hi Dottydeb

I was in a similar boat as you when I was looking for an alternative cap for my stock 16" winter wheels. I wasn't sure what size to get. Fortunately, I have a good friend that works at a local VW dealership. Since I didn't know exactly what size I needed, he said to bring the wheel in and he will have the parts guy try different ones to see what works. It turned out to be the centercap that fits the new Jettas. They were crazy expensive each, even at his discount price, so I told him I was going to wait. As we walked out to my car he suggested trying ebay and gave me VW's part number. I was lucky and found what I needed. The parts guy says all other caps for other models, like the Tourag, are much larger and the ones that fit the Jettas fit all the smaller model cars

Here's the link I used for the caps (they snapped right into place and held tight):
3B7 601 171 VW Center HUP Caps for Jetta Polo Passat Bora Golf VW 65 | eBay

been holding up very well through multiple snows with sanded & salted roads out here so far. For the price, I thought about getting a spare set ;)

Hope this helps

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response! I guess my two options are to either take the wheel off and pop one out to get the part number or drive to the dealership and ask for help matching it up.

Also, should they be glued on?

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
They just snap into place, no glue needed. Instead of taking a wheel in to your nearby dealership, you could pop one of the other caps off yourself and bring it in. They should be able to tell you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts