VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago today, it FINALLY happened. I got my dream car, a Volkswagen beetle. I have always been a huge vw fan, my friends dad had a brand new mk3 jetta when we were growing up, aunt has a '72 camper bus fully redone, and have always loved the look. I have boxes, and boxes of vw memorabilia, posters, books that I've been collecting over the years. I even got a poster in 5th grade at the book fair, when the beetles just came out. Alright, enough about me, the car I found a great deal on, a 1999 Vw beetle GL, 2.0, 5-speed, lots of power options. I am so in love. A few small cosmetic things to fix on the inside, but for $2500....I am not even complaining. I work as an auto der
detailer, and I can't wait to put some work into it. Has a new clutch, roof rack, darrrrrk windows, and that unforgettable smile.

I have always been HUGE into forums, car meets and events. The scene is huge in Washington state. I help run a car club, we've held events with well over 300+ cars, the hondafest events I've gone to, had well over 3000 cars in attendance, I'm excited to see what the VW community is all about, I am going to a end of summer vw meet next week!

My car history; 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass supreme, a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT, and a 1995 Acura Integra LS (that I sold to buy my beetle)

PICS: I've been working overtime all week, I haven't had a chance to take any quality pics yet, but this is the night I picked him up, and one of my integra at a photoshoot, which I am setting up for the beetle soon. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Is it Orange or red? Hard to tell. It looks to be in great shape, and I also see Oregon plates. Where did you get it?

We need more PNW Beetle Peeps! So glad to have you! :party:

Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the New Beetle! :clap:

Love the roof rack. I rock the very same one. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! Gotta love the northwest! Nice vw! I bought it from a guy j Portland! It has 120k on it, and seems to be taken care of. :) Thanks for the.welcome!

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to VW be very careful they are quite addictive!!:D Auto detailer here too (actually paint tech now) spent 11 yrs professional detailer 7.5 yrs with my own business before going to large dealership (not VW:( but pays the bills) my first water cooled Beetle was a red 98 loved it after 3 Golfs recently back in a 14 Beetle the Golfs are great cars but lack the fun factor of a Beetle welcome again from Ohio

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and thanks for posting a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts