NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite raining all day and temps that didn't reach 60, I believe the number of cars that entered the show were 52. Of those 52, 5 of them were New Beetles. :clap: Of the 5, 3 were org members. :guitar: Mybugrocks (Fiona), mokie3 (Beetley), and myself Opelmania (Gayle). :cool: Bugstuff and his family were there but sans any New Beetles. :( They did bring their Tan Westie, their Green Vert, and their son's Aqua Blue with tinted markers Super Beetle. :cool: Now for some pics. I took a lot. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Water cooled cars. :cool:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some that were parked off to the side. The military one was at the other NIVA show as well as the 2 tone one from Mexico. :thup: The 53 was just beautiful. :bigthumb: The 72 Super is BRAND NEW as seen on the window sticker. :jawdrop:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now we move on to Dune Buggys and Things. :cool:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While we're on oddball things :p how about Special Interest. The Fire Breather was here again and this time the Fire Truck was there to put it out as well. :D The hearse showed up as well as the bagged bug. :cool: More to come later. I need to do a round at work then go home and pick up Jer for the night.

Attachments

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
To bad about the rain, but still a good turn out. Great photos Joel, thanks for sharing.

Let The Good Times Roll,
Rachel
VW BEATL

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Sad that it rained. But great wet pics anyway :thup:

Those pick up -Beetles are rare and quite cool actually :D

Oh, 20 inch rims are too big for Beetle.
But that just my opinion :p

Very strange lookin´ Bune Buggy there, equipped with a roof.
Also the front end is different. Quite funny actually ;)

Wow! 1972 Super Beetle with 780 original miles ?! How is that possible...

Thanks for pics :)

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it was both cool and wet. :p :lol: :cool:

I think those 20's are a little bit excessive myself, but the look is still cool. :cool:

Those were both called a Citation. :dunno: I haven't seen any before myself. I like different. :)

So that's only about half of the pics. :p So here are a few from further away and some of inside the dealership. They have an Isetta, a 2002, and RX7, and a Euro Cabrio up in the rafters. :cool:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now we move on to the parking lot cars. Not sure why they didn't pull in :confused: but I took pics anyways. ;) The 2 Tone Bug showed up just before awards and tried escaping before I got a pic. :p

I was also told that in a trailer was the oldest known panel bus known in existence but because of the weather, it didn't come out of the trailer. :( The owner is from Iowa and he brought a 23 window to the Stateline Picnic in 2010 that looked brand new. :cool::cool::cool: I am really bummed we weren't able to see that gem. :cry:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I give you the one Ghia, the one Baja, and many Busses. :cool:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Campers and a Bus that was in the swap area. :p

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now Verts...:D

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Almost forgot the Squarebacks :eek: and finally, the old Bugs. :jumpy: Guess I forgot to take single shots of the old ones. :( I think I made up for it though. :p :D

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And Best of Show goes to....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me say that I will have to agree with posts I've read about shows in the rain being some of the best ones. :bigthumb: I will finish my pictorial with the top 2 New Beetles at the show with their owners and hardware. :clap: Albeit in the rain, cold, with our hoods up. :p :D

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks like it was a pretty good show, even though it rained. Nice to see that there were 5 new Beetles there. I'm surprised that the owner of that nice 72 Super Beetle with 780 original miles would let it sit out in the rain like that, I imagine that it has probably seen very little rain in it's lifetime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts