VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Beetle Biiper Boy
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the hood and on the trunk are the two VW-in-a-circle symbols. On my 2003 New Beetle they've been erased, probably a combination of time and sun:

Head Eye Font Circle Tints and shades

They don't appear to be removable (i.e., there are no corresponding screws or bolts on the inside of the hood/trunk). Is there some way to replace them? If not, has anyone had success repainting them, with what paint, etc. etc.?

TIA!

·
Registered
23 Posts
On the hood and on the trunk are the two VW-in-a-circle symbols. On my 2003 New Beetle they've been erased, probably a combination of time and sun:

View attachment 255105

They don't appear to be removable (i.e., there are no corresponding screws or bolts on the inside of the hood/trunk). Is there some way to replace them? If not, has anyone had success repainting them, with what paint, etc. etc.?

TIA!
I've been looking into this as well. I can't find any suitable hood/bonnet replacement badge anywhere (curved) although you can pick up a very similar sized Golf Mk5 rear trunk badge (no keyhole) on Aliexpress.

There's some posts on this forum suggesting that you can tape and mask off around the badges, lightly sand and spray black (or whatever colour, someone used nail varnish!), which looks good and is in keeping with current styling trends (in the UK at least). I am planning to get around to this myself. Failing that, you're looking at OEM new for £50 here in the UK which is pretty f'kin expensive for what it is. They are fixed with 3M double sided tape which you can remove with a heat gun/hairdryer, string/floss to saw off and a panel-trim priser.

·
Registered
17,694 Posts
Some use vinyl overlays (ebay, amazon, alixpress, web, etc) or in the uk, these “gel” type seem popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts