VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2010 New Beetle Convertible Final Edition and are wondering if anyone out there has towed one on the Demco Kar Kaddy SS ??? Any and all information is appreciated Greeting from Cody WY :)

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
I mentioned in your welcome post, but you should have no problem. I've seen quite a few beetles used as toads. The kar kaddy ss is a nice dolly. Some even tow four down but vw will never give any blessing to it. Only requirement is that it's an automatic. Regardless, you're good to use your nb as a toad with the tow dolly :bigthumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only requirement is that it's an automatic. Regardless, you're good to use your nb as a toad with the tow dolly :bigthumb:
I just ran across this post on an RV site I visit http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/new-car-dolly-read-this-first-293167.html. It gives some insight to a VW beetle on a Demco SS

The quoted statement is incorrect. You can only tow 4 down with a manual beetle. Automatics require a tow dolly. I have seen many used as toads and I am looking for one to use that way myself. The jury is still out on 6 speed manuals as toads. While I have heard anecdotal evidence I have never known anyone who is towing one 4 down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts