VW Beetle Forum banner

VW OEM iPod adapter/interface for NB Monsoon Head Unit - where can I find one?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BIGHMW 
#1 ·
After being without a car for a month after my beloved 1999 NB GLS got rear-ended (and totaled), I acquired a 2002 NB GLS that had a Monsoon cassette HU with a 6 CD changer in it. Impressed by the sound of the Monsoon system after having nothing but aftermarket in my previous ride (a Kenwood KSC-X997 eXcelon HU with Memphis M-Class amplification and Memphis M-Class speakers), I was thinking about was, first, upgrading the HU to a late-model OEM NB Monsoon Satellite deck with MP3 CD player but also I wanted to put in the VW OEM iPod interface and adapter so that I can control the iPod classic through the HU without having to rip my ride apart anymore than just to connect the iPod interface where the SIRIUS interface would normally go, with the iPod stored in the glovebox.

I know Volkswagen made such a device for their vehicles back in the day, as I saw a promo video for it on the various monitors all the time while hanging around the dealership, and I need to locate it, as I do want to avoid any third party units this time around due to how cool and clean-looking the factory HU looks as well as how impressively good the Monsoon sound quality is.

Please help me find it, I have been frustrated trying to google it up. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.