NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took delivery of Bun-E on December 26th. We were hoping it would be home in time for X-mas, but because of a dealer trade gone bad, we had to wait until the day after.

Future mods:
Window Tint
Ground Effects Kit
17" Goal Rims
Pedals that are similar to the Audi TT

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
Is one of the NB's going? :( I have no room to talk..... :eek:

However, I love your Candy White Bunny! :clap:

·
2.5L 5 Cyl. killer bunny
575 Posts
Sadly, as Steph said the Bullet is going. As much as I'd love to keep him we had two things driving the replacement:

While he has been a pretty reliable car (heck I put 70k on him traveling to ohio and back with zero problems), he's had 3 really expensive issues as of late, and I really don't have time to spend fixing my car with school and all.

We also really needed a larger car. Having two Beetle's really isn't practical, especially when you want to go to Ikea or something like that. Plus when you fold the seats down in the beetle, you have to flip up the backseat bench then lower the backsupport to get a flat surface. Which ultimately you lose space up front, and for me it was little more than I liked. With the Rabbit, Ikea adventures will be a whole lot easier, and we can safely put stuff in the car without causing a safety issue for us.

An unintended factor was insurance. I just added the Rabbit to my Policy, and for the time being, I am getting a multi-car discount. However, the Beetle is actually costing me MORE for 6 months, than the Rabbit will after I drop the beetle.

My only logic is because the Rabbit comes standard with front and rear side curtain air bags, which the beetle does not. A bonus we didn't even realize at the time.

Anyway, I figure now that this is out of the way, maybe the next local GTG we will make a trip down in Bun-E so he can get some exposure :):D

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
SilverVw3 said:
:D I'm hoping to get Bun-E as the license plate.
When I see this name, I think of this: Bun E Carlos, of Cheap Trick! :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I love it! Congrats!! Sad to hear you're finding a new home for the NB.
Another plate could be BUN E HOP. I don't know how many letters your state allows.

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
VW2.0Driver said:
DING DING DING!!!!

You Figured out why it got named that!!!!!!!!!! :D
:bows down: Thank you, thank you! : pulls confetti our of hair:...........

Do I win a prize? :lol:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dnyed said:
:bows down: Thank you, thank you! : pulls confetti our of hair:...........

Do I win a prize? :lol:

Yes! A ride in the Bun-E :)

My Dad has met Bun-E Carlos a few times at the Chicago Drum Show. Bun-E even signed a cd and a poster that my dad gave me that was made out in my name :) Pretty spiffy!

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
congrats, you two---great name, and great new rabbit. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts