NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a look a VWVortex forums, first time in awhile, and noticed that about half the posts were company promos. Don't remember it having that many.

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
I never go there anymore. It's been so long, I don't even remember my username. let alone my password. They are nasty to our New Beetles. Eff them.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
I'm on that forum and about the only good thing I do there? Is 'steer' some of the users with problems over to this forum.

S-

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Me 3! I am way too old, to be fooling around with a bunch of haters. :) This place is perfectly fine for me. :) Negativity breeds negativity. :) And this place makes me happy! :) You guys are great, thanks for being here. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have about a total of 15 posts there. I got a connection for ecu tuning and monitor deletes there and overall not a bad experience. Had a few questions answered and a few ignored. IMO, anything to do with cars and modding them is a pissing contest. It just gets magnified with the anonymity of the internet. You think vortex is bad, try a wrx forum! The only reason I signed up at clubwrx is for the classifieds:rolleyes:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
I guess I'm in a minority around here. I don't have much of an issue with the Tex. I've been a member for a number of years there and have found it helpful quite often. But we also have diesels and a mk1. I tend to stay out of the mk4 forums though :lol: I'm also an all around car nerd so I love The Car Lounge.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
For anything other than NBs it's not that bad. I've gone there a lot for Jetta and Golf stuff. But when it comes to NBs I would rather jump in front of a train than deal with them.

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems that many of "the Beetle" owners hang out there. Is this true?

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I'm with Jess on this one. A visit to the Lounge is a everyday thing for me. I also stay out of the MK4 forums. I venture in the NB sections looking for info and parts,the classified sections for wheels and tires. I have bought and sold stuff on the Tex. I look at like this, in any group of people you will have some people wearing azzhats. The bigger the group, the higher number of people wearing their azzhats.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I don't mind it at all, but you're right, Duffy, there sure are A LOT of ads in the NB discussion section lately. But I only hang out in there & the classified section. Got a couple of good purchases.

Used to hang out in the MKIV R32 section when I was considering one.

Again, I've not had any issues and still frequent there for new info & parts ;)

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
the beetle does have a decent following, it is a "respected" vehicle in the modern crowd. I used to go on the new beetle section but I realized it's all the same people that are already here on the .org.

I have had good luck on the tex but that's mainly because I don't leave the regional forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts