APR Stainless 3" Turbo-back Exhaust
APR Front-Mount Intercooler
APR Motorsports Rods and Pistons
APR Motorsports Intake Manifold
Bugmod 3" Ram-Air CAI
K&N Panel Filter
Forge Polished 007 Diverter Valve

Wheels & Tires
Porsche Twist 2-piece rims w/2" polished lip (18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 rear)
Yokohama ES100's (225/40/ZR18 front, 265/35/ZR18 rear)

Suspension & Brakes
KW Variant 1 Coilovers
Porsche Boxter FRONT 4 Piston Monobloc Calipers (red)
Porsche Boxter FRONT 332x26mm Slotted & Cross-drilled cadmium-plated rotors
Porsche Boxter OEM FRONT brake pads
Porsche Boxter stainless steel brake lines
Brembo Slotted & Cross-drilled REAR cadmium-plated rotors

Exterior
Turbo S Front Bumper
Turbo S Headlamps
Red/Clear Tail lights
Red Rear Euro Fog Light

Interior
VW .:R32 Koenig Leather Front Seats
VW .:R32 Steering Wheel
VW .:R Pedals
VW .:R Shift Boot
VW .:R Floor Mats
Euro Switch
Touareg Electric Tourch (Lighter Flashlight)
Bernt Two-Gauge Pod
AWE Tuning OEM Match Boost Gauge
AWE Tuning OEM Match EGT Gauge

ICE
Clarion VRX935VD DVD CD MP3 Player 7" monitor
Focal 6.5" polyglass front speakers
JL Audio Beetle Stealth Box sub
Audison 120x2 amplifier
Audison 65x4 amplifier
Dynamat Extreme Door Kit

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, once my APR Stage III+ kit is installed... scheduled for October.

;)

But don't you have a FAST SRT-4?

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LucyBop said:
Hmmm...... how did you hear that....
I lurk in the SRT forums occasionally.

;)

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hehehe.... SRT-4's ARE slow!!

:D

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
ill race ya woosh when i get my turbo :D

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
v-dubed said:
ill race ya woosh when i get my turbo :D
I read your thread dude. What whp do you expect with your set-up? When will it be installed?

·
502 Posts
umm
non built block around 500. built... i can get well over 700 if i do the solid lifters...:D

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Wauw, this definitely has to be one of the nicest NBC around !

I really like this car !

Congratz on this beauty ;)

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks mate!

:D

·
502 Posts
wish mine was that clean... mine looks like a race car lol.

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys.

Highlights of the major evolutionary changes in the general appearance my car:

Phase 1: Stock

Phase 2: Dropped + Audi Replica Wheels

Phase 3: Turbo S Front Bumper

Phase 4: Porsche 3-Piece Wheels + Porsche Big Brakes

Phase 5: Random Pic from this afternoon

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
I love your bug! Platinum Gray is my favorite color!! And the vert just makes it sweeter!!!!

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,409 Posts
woosh!,
very, very nice! awesome what you've done with your 'vert.. :)

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone!

Here's the big news from my old thread:

*****A MAJOR DEVELOPMENT*****

Many of you know that I've been investigating how to achieve 300+whp. I purchased a GT28RS kit, only to sell it because I couldn't find a satisfactory tuning software solution. I'm happy to report that my search has ended!

I've lusted after the APR Stage III kit and Stage III+ kit for quite a while but software was never produced for Beetles. Finally my dream has become a reality.

I recently bought a slightly used APR Stage III+ kit from a dude on Vortex (a screamin deal too). I called Chris at APR and we've worked out the following deal. I'll let them have my car for two weeks and they will write software for AWV Beetles! I also get free installation for being the test mule for tuning.

APR headquarters in Alabama is sending a truck to pick up my car in October. They will do the tuning in-house. I'm not sure how long it will take to make this available - probably not long.

Chris did have a few concerns about using the Stage III+ kit on a Beetle. The first concern was the CAI. Chris said this was a significant limitation with Beetles. He was happy to learn that I have Bugmod's TurboS fresh air ram tube from the front bumper. Any CAI other than stock should be fine.

The intercooler is another issue. They won't let me use my EVO FMIC - I'll have to use theirs, which is probably better anyway. It's shape should allow more fresh air to the radiator.

My question now is "Should I upgrade my internals so they can also write a 100 octane program?" Muhahaha.... :eek:

I'm going to have them install my 3" GHL exhaust too. I don't know whether they'll write code for stock and 3" or not. The expected horsepower output is unknown, but is should be comparable to a Golf, which is ~350whp on 93 octane.

At this power level an LSD is also highly recommended if not required. I already purchased a differential but haven't yet installed it. Since labor is free, I'll let them do it. This is due to the ferocious torque steer that would be produced by all the new ponies living in the ranch.

;)

Chris said the stock clutch should be OK, depending on how you drive. If you drive like the typical SRT-4 owner (alot of hard launches, etc.), you might want to upgrade the clutch. I'm sticking with stock for a while and see how it goes.

I've talked to ALOT of Stage III and Stage III+ owners and everyone raves about the "streetability" of this kit. Pretty amazing with these horsepower levels + FWD.

I'll post pictures, dyno, and other updates as soon as they're available. It's time for Beetles to gain some long needed respect in the power department! Glad to do my part for the NB community!

Feel free to post your questions here and I'll do my best to get answers directly from APR!

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Hey woosh this is October has your New Beetle gone to APR yet? Any new news? Please put the Audi replicas back on...I'm sorry but I just love those wheels on the New Beetle.

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
yelojkt said:
Hey woosh this is October has your New Beetle gone to APR yet? Any new news? Please put the Audi replicas back on...I'm sorry but I just love those wheels on the New Beetle.
APR has been backlogged with work... install has been rescheduled for Nov. 15. We decided to upgrade the bottom end with APR motorsports parts (crank, rods, pistons) so they can write a 100 octane program in addition to the the 93... muhahaha!

Between now and then I'll have the differential and an upgraded clutch installed.

ALOT of people have said nice things about those Audi rims... they were cool but the Porsche 3-piece make me smile.

:)

I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO APR!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts