NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 2000 bug 2.0 auto tranny. I used to have a turbo and i loved it, however when i got my chance to get my second bug this was the only chance i had. So now im wondering can I convert her into turbo. The tranny is 01m automatic with 146.xxx on her. My friend who good at this stuff wants me to ask whats the max rating of horsepower on her transmission. Basicaly im looking for any pointers to converting her safely. I want to do it, but if its going to ultimatly ruin her, then I wont. Thanks any comments welcome, pros cons. And no im not going to ask my dealer, there all idiots here.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
It's not worth it. To much time and money.
Best bet is to sell it and get the car you really want.
Just my opinion. For whatever it's worth.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
You could always look for a donor car. Pull the motor and trans out. Matter of fact there is one for sale here on the Org. But its gonna cost some coin no matter how ya do it. By the way, your auto trans cant take much more power then what ya got. If ya wanna make any power ya gotta go to a stick shift.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you really want a 'faster' car, I would find a block that needs a rebuild first. Get it torn apart and put forged rods/pistons in there and get a decent head put together for it as well. Lots of power to be made, only weak link is the block really.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts