NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Which blue? There were three!

By the way, note Blugg's accolade on their site under the Alaskan Green! :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your kiding me :( How do I check to see which blue? Can I decifer from the vin # or something? I think it's the Royal Navy one.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Your kiding me :( How do I check to see which blue? Can i decifer from the vin # or something?
Check out the Newbie kit I posted on your other thread. Where to find the information on your bug is in the post!

But you should be able to tell looking at the colors on the chart, they are all quite different. You can go to the actual site here (click on the colors to see it on a bug!) -
2003 Volkswagen Paint Color Codes - Volkswagen Paint Cross-Reference

And by the way, FYI, even though the seats MAY be leather (some are not, even though they are not cloth), all door panels are vinyl, not leather.

M.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well for the helluvit. I sent those guys a message to see if they still have the door panels. Seeing that they never sold them on that particular auction. Hopefully they can help me out. Thanks M for all the help! My fiancee did score when she got this car, only problem is it's headaches are getting costly :) Gotta love german engineering... hehe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now here's a quickie. Those door panels, are they a 2piece design? If so how are they held together? One of the dealerships I just spoke with said that the top part, that's the Lagoon Blue, will come in black and need to be painted, if that's the case then I can reuse the existing one, cause it's fine, but then how could I connect it to the bottom?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
They are an assembly, and VW is right, they only come as the assembly, and typically replacement parts are only manufactured in one color. Maybe someone can tell you how they separated theirs and reattached. Obviously, it was done at the factory, but with a method that could be automated, so there may be some jury rigging involved. Otherwise they would be sold separately. Figure if you have to have it painted it will easily be in excess of $100, unless you are having something else painted. (base coat, clear coat, different hardeners for each, prep work, set-up, etc. Take a look at yours and see how they are attached.

Btw, very doubtful anyone would split up a set (I never would).

Good luck with your project!

M.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts