NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I am just thrilled to see you are looking for another New Beetle. I hope you find a fitting replacement. I would love a TDI too.... :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Oh noooooooo!
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Evanrude, but those are all automatics. I really prefer a manual. I had no idea they were that rare! We have at least a dozen 06' TDIs where I live. I may end up getting a 2.5 but would much prefer a diesel. Thanks again for all the help, guys.:)

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
Thanks Evanrude, but those are all automatics. I really prefer a manual. I had no idea they were that rare! We have at least a dozen 06' TDIs where I live. I may end up getting a 2.5 but would much prefer a diesel. Thanks again for all the help, guys.:)
*hangs his head shamefully and slinks off to a corner after realizing he overlooked the 'manual' part of the stipulation in the original post*

(leaves one last link to an '06 TDI Beetle, manual, with only 41K on it)
Cars for Sale: 2006 Volkswagen Beetle TDI in Seattle, WA 98105: Hatchback Details - 306557519 - AutoTrader.com

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Well that's not TOO far away! :D

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
The manual part is going to be hard to come after, because those are the ones people hang on to.

I'm converting my automatic this week. The shifter assembly is in, the flywheel and clutch should be in today.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts

·
Oh noooooooo!
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't realize how rare the 06' manual TDIs are. I 've seen 3 06' manual TDIs for sale in Little Rock in the last few months so I didn't think one would be that hard to find. I will have to search farther away but if I find the right car, it will be worth it. Thanks again for all of your help.:)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
'06 was the last year of the TDI before the clean diesels came out. I know that there weren't very many NB TDIs in '06 and they were the only '06 cars with the TDIs as far as I'm aware. Manuals are always harder to find no matter the car, but the TDIs seem to be harder to find that way. I looked for a few weeks for a TDI anything in a manual after my NB was totaled, and with under 150k and in my budget. Hitting all of those points was darn near impossible and any that did come up were gone before I could even ask about them.

Any reason for the '06 specifically? Just want the new body style?

·
Oh noooooooo!
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do like the new body style.:) I guess I would be willing to look at with an auto transmission but I really want a manual. I've heard the newer auto trannies are more reliable than the 01M but I don't want to take any chances. I have several months to look and hopefully I am able to find the right NB.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I do like the new body style.:) I guess I would be willing to look at with an auto transmission but I really want a manual. I've heard the newer auto trannies are more reliable than the 01M but I don't want to take any chances. I have several months to look and hopefully I am able to find the right NB.
The '06 had the DSG, but I believe it was used in the TDI before '06.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts

·
Oh noooooooo!
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well guys, after a week and a half of searching for the right TDI, I found the perfect 2006 Manual TDI. If everything goes as planned, we will pick up the car this Saturday. I'm going to have my mechanic check everything and get the water pump and timing belt done. Thanks again to all of you for your help.:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts