NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, I would be interested in the 2005. Would you have pictures? I do check on ebay but most people are asking to much. There are people asking $20,000 for a manual gl convertible.My local dealer has a gl automatic for 19,800 after rebate.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Make your dealer find you one. Have them earn their pay! :)

There has got to be leftover '05s out there! :(

Here's ours, that's my hubby and son. Car (and family) not for sale..... ;)

Attachments

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Is it my imagination or is he rolling BACKWARDS? :confused: :D

Back on subject...

1. Why is your signature 2001Covertable when 'verts' started in '03?

2. You don't want an '05, you want an '03 GLX or at least an '04 GLS. Why? The '03 GLX has the convertible top flaps (note the big 'holes' in the pic of the '05 model above, right in front of the top), self-dimming rear view mirror and rain sensitive wipers. The '04 has the top flaps but no self-dimming rear view mirror and rain sensitive wipers, but I don't like those features anyway (my '03 Jetta GLX wagon has them).

3. Good luck finding a turbo with stick.

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
My 04 doesnt have flaps ... besides that the flaps can catch on the top ;) .. Hows the weather your way Bill ? care to send some heat up north :lol: :)

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
Billsbug said:
No flaps, ur kidding, was it a late year '04?

So toasty here, in the 80's, dream on...:firedevil
mine was built in march 04 so i guess that makes it a late 04 :confused: ?? but yeah shes flapless :) .. and yes send the heat up its like 23* here Brrr!. Throws a snowball @ bill but sees it melt before it gets there :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Billsbug said:
you want an '03 GLX or at least an '04 GLS.
3. Good luck finding a turbo with stick.
Good luck finding a GLX period. They're RARE! And I've got one...in manual, too...Muhahahaha! Anyway, they only made them for part of '03. Sure, we've got the name, the auto wipers, and auto mirror, but the '04 GLS's came optional with xenon headlights and headlight washers, as well as a standart CD player instead of a tape deck. Plus, you could order sport seats, and they modified the side airbags to extend higher to provide some head protection. I just think that those features are a little more functional, and you can always add the auto mirror yourself, although the same is not true for the auto wipers. The mirror has red LED mood lighting a la Audi, which is sort of cool.

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
EVZBUG said:
Good luck finding a GLX period. They're RARE! And I've got one...in manual, too...Muhahahaha! Anyway, they only made them for part of '03. Sure, we've got the name, the auto wipers, and auto mirror, but the '04 GLS's came optional with xenon headlights and headlight washers, as well as a standart CD player instead of a tape deck. Plus, you could order sport seats, and they modified the side airbags to extend higher to provide some head protection. I just think that those features are a little more functional, and you can always add the auto mirror yourself, although the same is not true for the auto wipers. The mirror has red LED mood lighting a la Audi, which is sort of cool.

04 was also the first year to offer the Manual top and first year for a red vert not that i would know ;) :lol:

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
EVZBUG said:
...but the '04 GLS's came optional with xenon headlights and headlight washers, as well as a standart CD player instead of a tape deck. Plus, you could order sport seats, and they modified the side airbags to extend higher to provide some head protection. I just think that those features are a little more functional...
Unless you got an early '04 cuz you wrecked your Turbo S, in which case you got the HID's/washers :bigthumb: , improved airbags :bigthumb: , leather sport seats :bigthumb: and stoopid tape player :mad: ...:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The reason why I have 2001 convertable is beacause I have a 2001 convertible corvette nd I joined this site I figured that I would keep:) the same name so I can remember it...lol.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
A Corvette to a New Beetle? That's a stretch! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Deserion said:
My mom went from a 1992 Corvette Coupe....Des
You have one cool Mom there, Des! Right on! :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts