NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the red, rear facing foglight for a Turbo S.
This is the red light that replaces one of the back-up lights.
Please e-mail with any questions.
:)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
2' Red Smoke Headlight Tail Fog Light Tint Film Sheet | eBay

remove lense, use the tint on the inside of the lense, replace lense :)

If the light gets too hot (haven't held my car in reverse to test out hot the lenses get) you might have better results placing it on the outside of the lense.
If the poster is wanting this to be functional as a rear fog, simply tinting the lens doesn't do this. The light does not operate off the reverse light switch as you suggest you are using yours, and it stays on continually when being operated or when parked if so desired. Some European countries require this light to be illuminated when parked on the street at night. That reverse function is defeated and instead controlled by a rear fog switch that replaces the headlight switch in the dash. A new lead from the switch to the light is also required.

M.

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
If the poster is wanting this to be functional as a rear fog, simply tinting the lens doesn't do this. The light does not operate off the reverse light switch as you suggest you are using yours, and it stays on continually when being operated or when parked if so desired. Some European countries require this light to be illuminated when parked on the street at night. That reverse function is defeated and instead controlled by a rear fog switch that replaces the headlight switch in the dash. A new lead from the switch to the light is also required.

M.
I know what it is :p

He was asking about what I felt was the lense - not how to do wire it.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I am looking for the red, rear facing foglight for a Turbo S.
This is the red light that replaces one of the back-up lights.
Please e-mail with any questions.
:)
I took it he was looking for the rear fog light assembly, no mention of anything about the lens.

M.

·
Want to do a drive.
1,791 Posts
I just got one for my TS a few months ago. I can't seem to find the VW part number now. But they had to special order from Germany. Still it was only $80.00 or so.

https://www.1stvwparts.com/catalogs.html

This is really Auburn VW in WA, decent prices. I'll try and find the part number for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking for just the light housing itself with the red lense for a Turbo S.
I do not need instructions, wiring or bulbs.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
did we ever get a part number?? man i miss working at the dealership sometimes.....

-jd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts