NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a new passenger side headlight for my 2003 beetle 2.0. mine is all scratched up and the rubbing compound didnt help much. also, i need snow tires possibly with rims? they are 205/55/16 if anybody has any or if they know of anyone who has any please let me know. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Don't know what you want to spend, but there is a pair of headlights running over on the Vortex Forum. Check here -
http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?824-New-Beetle-Parts

And here, for tires and wheels -
http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?5088-Wheels-and-Tires-Classifieds

Also, you should go to the "User CP", to the left, in the purple bar above your thread and fill in some information as to your Bug and where you are, esp, looking for tires, as you probably don't want to ship these across the country. ;)

M.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know what you want to spend, but there is a pair of headlights running over on the Vortex Forum. Check here -
VWVortex.com - New Beetle Parts

And here, for tires and wheels -
VWVortex.com - Wheels and Tires Classifieds

Also, you should go to the "User CP", to the left, in the purple bar above your thread and fill in some information as to your Bug and where you are, esp, looking for tires, as you probably don't want to ship these across the country. ;)

M.
thanks. Ill take a look there and sorry, I haven't gotten a chance to put all of my info onto the site. I will do that soon! I live in providence, ri though :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I did just learn in another thread, here -
http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/51787-drivers-headlight-cover-missing.html#post755029

that just the covers are changeable and available from VW. The thread contains the part numbers. Check to make sure they are correct and apply to your specific vehicle by VIN because of possible rolling changes in the model year or original part vendor.

I guess, because I had never seen mention of it, and everyone always talking about having to replace the whole assembly, I simply [ass-u-me]d that it was all one piece as most vehicles are. I can't believe the covers could be any more expensive than a decent used OEM assembly, and this will be pristine, new! Probably buy both sides for the price of a good used assembly.

I have a list of 15-20 online VW Dealers and VW Parts Resellers, if you need some good resources to start shopping.

M.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a new passenger side headlight for my 2003 beetle 2.0. mine is all scratched up and the rubbing compound didnt help much. also, i need snow tires possibly with rims? they are 205/55/16 if anybody has any or if they know of anyone who has any please let me know. Thanks :)
I have some snow tires that we used in Michigan (we're now in Georgia) Think they were used once, maybe two seasons. The wheels aren't all matching, 2 steelies and 2 5-spoke aluminum.

I'll offer them up for $450 shipped, obo. I can grab pictures if you'd like. Let me know. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts