NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the need of an under dash light for a NB. This is the one that shines down on the cup holders. If any of you Volks-Folks have one, please let me know.
Thank you and :frosty: Merry Christmas. :reindeer:

Tom

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, NBC's do have them under the switch panel. Mine does have one and has been modified with two high brightness red led's. I need another for a project I'm working on. Thanks.

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a red with a clear plastic lens, but very dim. Take a look under you switch panel and you will see it. Being so dim (only one tiny LED) is way may folks have removed the one and added two or three bright LED's color of choice. There is a post on the old forum describing the procedure. Title was something do to with a mod under $10.00 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 2000 1.8 t NB, I don't think I have lights that shine down on my 3 useless cup holders, pehaps I do and they are burnt out. I want my lights!!
Where do I look for them?..Keep it simple..I am guessing the switch panel is above the cups..but once there where do I look for the lights?
Thanks

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my 03 NBC its located under the switch panel centered below the hazard switch about 1/2" from the rear just above the power outlet. Its approx 1/2" wide 1" long white lens lit by a dim red led. I don't know which models have the light.

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take a look at my earlier post regarding a mod on the old forum. It'll show how to modify the board with two or three 3mm leds of higher brightness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts