VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Leo Bug
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2004 beetle and i want to change my center console out for a new model bc i hate the cup holders. I went to the dealership to ask about it but they never had anyone come to them to ask about it so they dont know. Does anyone know where i can get a new center console and where i should go to get it installed?

·
"bollox"
49 Posts
The VW dealer is just about the only place you're going to be able to get the new center console, and as far as replacing it, I'm sure any mechanic (or a guy with a tool set), could do it. It's easy enough that you might be able to do it yourself with a set of torxs and a few other cheap tools from Walmart. You might want to make sure that Volkswagen didn't redesign the way it bolts on, or even a simple moving of the shifter 1/2 inch forward or aft due to crash design or whatever reason...
As far as replacing it. Why'd you wanna do that? Personally I love the swivel cup holders; They add character :D

·
ElectricHarleyHouseOfLove
1,754 Posts
The VW dealer is just about the only place you're going to be able to get the new center console, and as far as replacing it, I'm sure any mechanic (or a guy with a tool set), could do it. It's easy enough that you might be able to do it yourself with a set of torxs and a few other cheap tools from Walmart. You might want to make sure that Volkswagen didn't redesign the way it bolts on, or even a simple moving of the shifter 1/2 inch forward or aft due to crash design or whatever reason...
As far as replacing it. Why'd you wanna do that? Personally I love the swivel cup holders; They add character :D
there's a couple of threads about this around here, listing part numbers and such.. biggest difference seems to be the angle of the ebrake handle, though i think i saw there's a replacement to the mechanism that bolts to the same locations? been awhile since i looked

·
Registered
867 Posts
It is real easy to swap them. You justneed to get the parts, then either modify or replace the ebrake handle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts