VW Beetle Forum banner

warning light help

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jyaughn 
#1 ·
hi there I was out driving my car yesterday and a light popped up .. im not sure what it means so I was wondering if any body may know it and tell me I wud b real greatful x :)ive uploaded a pic and circled it red .. hope to hear from someone soon x

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, That is the "speed activated rear spoiler" light. I forget when it comes on, usually if you manually deploy it with the under dash switch. Mine also comes on when the sunroof is in "vent" mode. 99.9% of the time its nothing to worry about! :)

Also I see you are new. I recommend you fill out your profile with your location, trim(GL, GLS, GLX, Sport, Turbo S) and Engine I assume you have the 1.8t as you have that light. If you have any other questions or concerns, be sure to holler! One of us will point you in the right direction! :)

#3 ·
Mine did that a couple of times. Try the switch under the dash (Way under the dash) about even with the steering wheel.You can raise and lower it with the switch. Usually on mine working it manually will solve the problem. The spoiler should raise at 45 mph and close at 10mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.