NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Jillybug said:
That reminds me of one of my classes.. "Magic, Witchcraft & Religion"
hehe sounds like a great class..

I might my fiance in a Fantasy Lit class we noticed each other when the proff polled the room for peoples fantasies... out of a class fo 40 only 2 of us had something that was considered a true fantasy.. not just the want for wealth, power, happyness.

She wanted to be a Fairy, I wanted to be a wizard. Turns out she is a Wiccan ;)

Now we have a beautiful baby boy

</story of my life >

·
33 &#8531;
15,621 Posts
The Cheat said:
I thought you had to like religion to be a Reverend? Hmmmph.
Well, no, since being a preacher has nothing to do, in a sense, with following one religion.

I mean, there are priests. Ministers of all kinds, and of all kinds of cloths. And IMHO, religion gets in the way of God.

Religion is what people fight in the name of, even though they often claim to worship the same God.

So, no, I don't like religion. I love God, and try to follow Him.

If others don't want to, cool. Does not mean much to me, if you follow Allah, or Jehovah, or Jesus, since all three are names of God.

And if you don't want to follow nothing, that is fine and dandy too.:grovel:

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Actually, you may want to read the definition of religion.

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
  2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
  3. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
  4. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
  5. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
Belieiving in a supernatural power, creator of the universe, is, in itself, a religion. And while you may not follow one religion, as a preacher, that would make you a spiritual leader, so, in a sense, you've created your own religion, if you preach to others, as they would see you as a spiritual leader.

So, I'd have to say, that yes, you do like religion.

·
Socialite
132 Posts
CrazyJames said:
hehe sounds like a great class..

I might my fiance in a Fantasy Lit class we noticed each other when the proff polled the room for peoples fantasies... out of a class fo 40 only 2 of us had something that was considered a true fantasy.. not just the want for wealth, power, happyness.

She wanted to be a Fairy, I wanted to be a wizard. Turns out she is a Wiccan ;)

Now we have a beautiful baby boy

</story of my life >
Aww!!That is a cute story!!
The class has the potential to be great...The teacher is not a great public speaker...so I am not sure if teaching was the best idea, cause you have to lecture the class and stuff. And you can tell she is uncomfortable.
Now we are learning about Voodoo, and sorcery and native american religion and their use of peyote. Its interesting, thats for sure, but mostly the other kids in the class..One girl asked if she could bring in peyote and we could all give it a whirl. I have a feeling the teacher has done it, but she can't tell us...
Weirdness

1 - 17 of 17 Posts