NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to hit my milage limit for my warranty, car was used but certified so I got 2 years 24K. I called last week to make an appointment and I now have one scheduled for next Friday, I am nervous that I am going to go over the miles before then. I am bringing the car in for a couple of minor, but could be expensive, repairs and also I am having a motor mount issue possibly. I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation and what was the outcome. If I am 25 miles over will they not fix it for free? I had a nissan in the past and I was 100 miles over the warranty and the water pump blew, nissan fixed for free as a "good faith" repair, basically saying it must have been going bad before warranty was over....not so sure VW will be as thoughtful.....any feed back will be helpful. I am actually thinking of renting a car for a few days to save the milage....

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
It really does depend on the dealer, to an extend.

Have you already voiced the potential pronblems/could-be-damaged items to the dealer? Sounds like you did. Usually if you schedule for a repair while still under warranty, they'll cover it, as you made them aware while you still had coverage. That way, you're not just pulling it once you passed the limits. ;)

-Des

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
If the dealership refuses a repair over mileage, it would have to be appealed to VWoA. Why not call VWoA and inform them of the issue and when your appointment is. That way, they'll notate your account and it will make things easier if you have to appeal it.

·
Skoot
51 Posts
yea i would let them know how many miles you have as well as let them know that you will be going over the mileage before your appt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts