VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
No but you'll get a lot more views and comments if you post in a more appropriate forum. This one is for comments about newbeetle.org as a website.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
You can pretty much always extend your warranty. There are many warranty companies out there. I would just be careful who you choose. get one of the bigger names and get a good plan.

VW does not offer extended warranties, only CPO... but if you already own your car then CPO is not an option.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I thought VW's new car warranties were 4/50, but it's been years since I bought a new car, so I could be wrong. That was a 2007 Passat. At the time of purchase, I did extend it out to 100K, but it cost me somewhere between $1500-$2000 to do it. I suspect other warranty providers would charge similar amounts, and with that said, I'm a gambler and never buy extended warranties anymore. Anything covered that goes wrong is likely to cost less out-of-pocket than the price of the extended warranty, IMO. For example, on the Passat, I did have an A/C compressor go out at 54K, and I paid a $100 deductible on what would have been an $800 repair on me, but the $700 net savings was still less than half the cost of extending the warranty in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts