NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a quick question for those who did this or know how to deal with the problem. I have a coolant leak near the water flange and it looks like it's the water distribution pipe or coolant pipe (I added some pictures for clarity).
After a quick search, it's the part#: 06A121065AR. The stealership wants $95+ for the damn thing so, a used one from a scrap yard is the way to go but I was wondering how easy is it to swap? Seems like it's forced into the engine near the thermostat and bolted on the other side.
Do I need a special tool?
TYIA

·
Super smart senior member
857 Posts
Hey guys just a quick question for those who did this or know how to deal with the problem. I have a coolant leak near the water flange and it looks like it's the water distribution pipe or coolant pipe (I added some pictures for clarity).
After a quick search, it's the part#: 06A121065AR. The stealership wants $95+ for the damn thing so, a used one from a scrap yard is the way to go but I was wondering how easy is it to swap? Seems like it's forced into the engine near the thermostat and bolted on the other side.
Do I need a special tool?
TYIA

Its a bitch to mess with, are you sure it isnt the coolant flange leaking?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm not 100% sure. The reservoir was empty and when I added the coolant I heard a constant stream of water. I assume that if it was the flange then the coolant will fall all along the engine
I'll try to add more coolant and squeeze my camera down there

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Follow-up: After further investigation we found a small crack on the pipe and my friend managed to solder it. Now I have some air pockets inside the cooling system. Any tips to get rid of these?

I don't regret buying my small Canon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts