NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing that my carpet is wet under the brake and gas pedals every day for quite some time now. I for the life of me can't figure where the moisture is coming from. There hasn't been any rain for days now and I dry it up and the next morning it is moist again. I know it's not because of rain or driving on wet roads, is there any fluid lines that run under the dash or on the inside of the firewall? Any suggestions or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for the help.:confused:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
possible sunroof or maybe your A/C.

Also make sure there's no leaves stuck under your windsheild cowl; it needs to be able to drain properly.

sunroof, is a pita, but I think we have some how-to's maybe. There's basically 4 drain tubes, and if 1 gets clogged, you'll have water in your footwells.(one for each, isn't that convenient?)

A/C; I dunno where condensation is supposed to drain, sorry.

·
New Owner: 2001 GLX Turbo
32 Posts
I suspect its the AC condensate leaking

Many moons ago, I had a VW Scirocco. It did the same thing, but there was a lot more water. Turned out, it was the condensate line for the AC - it drained out the bottom. I got under the car and found the tube, unclogged it with a coat hanger or something, and the water came rushing out. Never had a problem after that.

Be mindful, this was in the late 80's and cars are much better built these days, finding the drain line might be challenging...

Adam

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody have any idea where I might look for this condensate drain. Does anybody have a manual that shows it's location? Thanks

·
2007greenbug
1 Posts
Water on drivers floor

I am also experiencing water on the drivers floor area. I do not have a sunroof. We've had heavy rain over the past few weeks. I'm going to check and clean the tray area under the wipers and let you know if that works. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts