NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my new beetle a 2000 l.8 T last yr, it had 77k on the odo. I have had no problems with it, but I am now very concerned as I am at 90k. The dealer did not tell me that the water pump and timming belt be changed at 60kg and VW recommended it. I found that info here, Thank you everyone. Does anyone know where I can find that info, was it on a VW site? If so could you post the web address.
Thanks

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
I'm not sure what info you mean. Are you trying to find out if the maintenance has been done on your car? Are you just trying to find out when the maintenance should be done? I don't know how you can find out about the maintenance done on the car. Perhaps VW service has some computer records kept by VIN# but that sounds like way too much service from a VW stealership...

If you are wondering if it needs to be done, all I can really say is that if I had 90k on mine I would be biting my fingernails daily. I started sweating when mine went over 70K.
With 77K on the car when you got it I'd be wondering if it was traded in to avoid paying for that expensive maintenance.

Good luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing belt water pump problem

What I am looking for is: where can I find the information from VW regarding the water pump and timing belt replacement at 60k.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
VW recomends changing the Timing belt at 100,000 miles. However most VW shops and people with real expierence recomend that it be done at 60,000 miles.

There have been way too many scary close calls and even worse... actual breakages in between 60,000 and 100,000 miles.

I HIGHLY recomend changing your timing belt and water pump .. IMMEDIATLY!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fowvay said:
VW recomends changing the Timing belt at 100,000 miles. However most VW shops and people with real expierence recomend that it be done at 60,000 miles.

There have been way too many scary close calls and even worse... actual breakages in between 60,000 and 100,000 miles.

I HIGHLY recomend changing your timing belt and water pump .. IMMEDIATLY!!!
Thanks for the info..The "Good Guys" at VW are going to get an earful!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts