NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GENETIX RACING
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody which blowoff valve or diverter valve sounds like water trikling i heard a old school gti with one i want that for my car sounds so cool

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
probably a greddy blowoff, but a blowoff will throw your car into limp mode, unless you have worked around the metering of fuel and air.

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
was it a turbo or a supercharged vw????? i have never heard a trickling sound from any bov.... supercharged ones sound way diffrent tho

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
did it sound like it was fluttering? high pitched?

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Dood, do u want Zen-like sounds or one that wakes up the driver next to you? :rolleyes: :D

Get a Bailey or Forge diverter valve, K&N or P-Flo type filter, remove the back engine seal and the underhood sound deadening padding material, then listen to the screamin' banshee sound comin' out of yer engine bay at full booooooooooooost! :cool:

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
yup greddy, wont do you much good on an NB. and the forge sounds sick with an open intake.

·
GENETIX RACING
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i have the forge witha open intake just tired of the sound
i have my mine reveresed the high pitch sound

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
if you got some custom software you could run a greddy and get the little birdy under the hood :)

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
High pitched 'scream' and fluttering is what mine sounds like, but nothing I would describe as 'water trickling'. You would NEVER get sick of that sound combined with the APR exhaust system. Come down to SoBe one day and I'll give ya a ride...;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts