NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One new feature that I am really excited about in vb3 is the ability to allow users to post events to the calendar and then have them approved by moderators. This will be a MUCH better process than the way we were doing this before. I believe Steph was handling some, if not all, of the calendar posting in the old system. Who would like to do it in the new? It should be fairly simple -- i haven't actually tried it yet -- it's something we need to test out still. :)

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
20% raise.

We haven't discussed moderator stuff; but I'd like to broaden the area of effect of all moderators. We'll save that discussion for later though.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pdoel said:
Did you just ask me to play with you?
After what I did last night, it seems well within the realm of possibility. But that's another story. :)

Anyhoo...I've got the calendar up with you as a moderator. Can someone else, who isn't as admin (Michele?) try posting an event to it? It should let you post, but it will require moderation before it actually display.

So, anyone's who's willing: make up and event in the next week and try posting it. Then you can go try to approve/deny it, pdoel. Fair?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Ok. I may not be in the right area.

I went to the calendar. I can see Jeff's event (I even edited it). But I can't see the one for today that Michele created. There is a little red box around today, which at first I thought meant there was an item to moderate. Then I realized it probably was just showing me which box is today.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
It appears that events need to be moderated, checked out the moderation section in admin and both of the events that Michele started were in there...

The calendar moderators might need to loginto the moderator control panel (By clicking the word mod at the bottom of the screen) to moderate user added events...

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
They probably oculd log into the mod control panel, but I believe it can be done inline, as well -- could be wrong, though.
Could be.. when I am adventurous I will make JamTest a calendar mod and take a look see, kinda riding out the last 10 minutes at work.

I dont wanna fix no bugs for EarthLink ;)

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I know.. a shocker isnt it?

You should really try developing code against their mail clients... They should really use a spell checker on their registry keys...

Outgoing Server > Outgoint Server

Makes it really fun for me to work with

1 - 20 of 22 Posts