NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running:
Firefox 1.0.7 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7) on WInxows XP SP2 (with all updates).

This isn't the only thread i've noticed this on, mostly on really long threads, and i have my thread view set to 80 posts i htink (whatever the max is), and i get a really weird grey box sometimes.

It ins't part ofhte picture, the really weird thing is that it's got to be a seperate frame of some sort, cuz when the mouse cursor is in it's area, when i'm scrolling with the wheel and i get to that point, the page stops scrolling until i get hte mouse out of the box. :confused:

I also have hte same firefox crash bug that everyone else has, I've narrowed it down to going back without the page being fully loaded. Firefox stalls for a bit, then totally goes out of the processes list.

Here's a screenshot of the grey box:

Attachments

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, i just noticed that it wanders around too. I just went back to that thread, and it was more to the top, on like the 5th post. and on the right of the browser.

And at other timess there is no grey box.

And to clarify, it scrolls along with the page, it's not stuck in one place on the screen and the page scrolls under it.

I have a vague understanding of web programming and stuff, but this baffles even me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im running firefox also and i get the same exact problem,i tend to notice it more, although not exclusively on motion files, like .gif's etc... dont know why... ive found if i highlight the imageb (as if i were to copy it) i can temporarily see past the blockage dont know why... its frustrating...

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
I'm not really sure what's causing this, guys, and I can't seem to duplicate it. Of course, I'm running Firefox 1.5, not 1.0.x. Any reason why you can't just upgrade to 1.5, which seems to fix the bug?

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jcroft said:
I'm not really sure what's causing this, guys, and I can't seem to duplicate it. Of course, I'm running Firefox 1.5, not 1.0.x. Any reason why you can't just upgrade to 1.5, which seems to fix the bug?
there's a 1.5??? howcome the auto-update never told me?

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I upgraded to 1.5, and i tersted it out on hte same thread, and it didn't show, then it showed when i un-maximized the window. I opened photoshop, and went back to the window to take a screen cap, and it was gone :confused:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I'm 99% sure the Oracle would have no idea what do here. Me no havey no problemo likey this-e. My Firefox works just bueno. Now if i could get my system to use it's full RAM capacity then we'd be in business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts