NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VDub Noob
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2000 NB 1.8L Turbo that I am converting to all-electric. So this vehicle will have no mechanical engine and using the existing transmission to run the vehicle. We removed the engine and everything else. Only thing we are stuck on is the fuel filler tube. We cut the tube running to the gas tank so it is free on the bottom. But we also tried to cut the top of the filler tube on both sides to see if it will drop. It is pretty loose and I have a feeling we are close but the only other option I have is to remove the rear passenger fender. So I was wondering if there is a way to remove the filler tube without removing the rear fender. Thanks!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Normally the beam axle is removed and then the whole fuel tank is dropped. I've never removed fenders (painted panels) to do this.

As I recall, there are a few bolts to help secure the filler neck as well. Have you remove the fender liner at the right rear?

·
VDub Noob
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We finally got it dropped. We removed the fender lining and there were a couple of bolts that were attached to the neck and the frame. It finally dropped free. We did not remove the axle so since we were never going to use the gas tank again, we cut it and removed it.

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Cool concept please keep us posted on this build.

An all electric NB sounds really cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts