NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the weirdest or biggest thing you have ever had in your beetle?
Ill go first. I have fit a long dresser in my 1st beetle by leaving the trunk open an seats folded down...drove down the back roads with it sticking out. We were moving and didnt have a truck! Lol ohh memories!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Are Friends Electric?
372 Posts
Went shopping at IKEA way back (2005ish) and while meandering in the "scratch and dent" area we found a glass topped, glass front sideboard cabinet for the dining room. It was already put together (and no external damage, just a scratch on one of the inside shelves - and since it was marked down...) Granted we couldn't close the hatch all the way, we got it in (drove an hour with the hatch tied down, about 2-4 inches open). OOO, and the looks of everyone there loading up their SUVs and vans was priceless!

·
Registered
4 Posts
photo.JPG
My wife and some of her friends put a paddle boat on her bug. She is the one in the shadow inside the trunk and backseat. This was before we were married

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
You can fit an XL dog crate back there! Barely! lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Well since I haven't put anything in my Beetle...or every anything in my 04 NB that I can remember, I would have to say the weirdest thing that has ever been in my bug as been me. :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I put my new dishwasher in the back of my red Turbo S - *and* closed the hatch,

More recently, I helped my friend bring home a little patio set, a tile table and two non-foldable chairs. All of them fit inside.

I also took home a CL freebie, a giant, and I mean GIANT, painting. It rode on the roof. :D

Attachments

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
We have had two kayaks in the back of Buglet, drove several miles and had many strange looks from other road users :eek:

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Get a roof rack! :lol:

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
Get a roof rack! :lol:
I have a roof rack on my wish list, if Buglet would stop needing other, necessary, things fixed I'll eventually be able to afford one lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Dang Deb that painting is huge! Good job :bigthumb:

·
Live, love, learn, ... ;)
18 Posts
The weirdest I can think of:
200 Kg of firewood pieces for my fireplace.
8 complete wheels (rim + tires)
1 round table (1 m diameter) and four chairs
120 bottles of sparkling wine

·
Registered
875 Posts
My favorite is 75% of plants at lowes, you can stuff a ton of plants in a beetle. I've done 6-8' apple trees in both of my beetles. I love it when you come out of the store with your cart and people say how are you going to put all of that in a beetle :) we moved from fl to nc, the beetle earned his keep too, filled to the top. One of the hardest was an old tube stlye 26" tv. Also, brought home the tv's 32" flat screen replacement. You can fit a 40" in the box in the back. One of the assistant managers at the Target i work for used to say you didnt bring the beetle today did you when helping a guest load a large item, i retrained him ;) now he says smart car.

For wierd, i've brought home baby chicks 3 times.

In 10 years and all sorts of crazy things amongst my 3 beetles, i've only had to tie the hatch once, with a shelving thing, that was as wide as the widest part of the hatch and about 5' tall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts