NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would like to welcome 21st Century Insurance as our newest supporting vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their site: https://auto.21st.com/insurance-information/home.do

·
Probably MIA
2,800 Posts
Please take a moment to visit their site: https://auto.21st.com/insurance-information/home.do
No thanks

Sent from my DROID2

·
Registered
101 Posts
They are who I bought insurance from for Cobalt. My quote was half the price of every other company I tried (lots) and I'm getting more.

Glad they are sponsoring the Org.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had 21st for 5 or 6 years straight. I thought they were great. Every 6 months I would always do online quotes with other companies and found that when comparing apples to apples, 21st always came in just a little lower.

Of course you are probably asking, why did I switch? Well it all came down what 21st called at the time “new customer pricing”. I am sure we have all had to deal with that. Like cell phone companies/cable companies/etc offering better rates/packages/discounts to try to get new customers.

Well one day I did an online quote with Geico. It was about $200/6month lower for the exact same coverage. I then went on 21st Century’s site and did an online quote (as if as new customer). And I was shocked to find that it was beating Glico’s quote by about $75/6months. So that means that a new customer with the exact same coverage with the exact same cars and driving record would be paying $275 less per 6 months than I was currently paying as an existing customer. So I called 21st to ask why my rate was higher than their online quote and if they could lower my rate. They said no. They said the rate online was their “New Customer Only” rate and they would not be unable to provide me that pricing. I of course told them that I was a long time customer with no claims/tickets and I would cancel if they didn’t lower my rate. They still refused and said “just come back 6 months later and you will be treated like a new customer and get the lower rate”. Seriously? I switched and never looked back.

Now that is only my personal experience with them. For the 5+ years I had them, I was happy. And for those using them now, if you are happy with them that is great. And for all I know things have changed and prices for their current customers are in line with pricing they give new customers.

FYI: I am currently with Mercury Insurance because they have a 15% discount on the auto policy if you have your home insurance with them as well. And with that 15% discount, so far no other company has been able to beat their price. At the time I switched away from Geico, they were not offering a home/auto discount. They were just treated as 2 different policies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Better Insurance

I am in NC, I just found out that Geico computers crashed and lost my everything on me. 30 days I have been with out. DMV sent me a letter to pay $150 per tag. Geico told me to pay it. and they need $200 to start over. IT'S NOT MY FOUGHT!!!:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts