NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Real life Beetle mechanic
572 Posts
I have a really dumb question, If ECS is a sponsor with their own topic area, why is there no ads in it?

I have purchased things from them in the past, great company to deal with, but without ads, how will I know what is on sale or for sale?

Just seems to me that ECS would get something together like "sale" item of the month.

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
I have a really dumb question, If ECS is a sponsor with their own topic area, why is there no ads in it?

I have purchased things from them in the past, great company to deal with, but without ads, how will I know what is on sale or for sale?

Just seems to me that ECS would get something together like "sale" item of the month.
Or a discount code!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Dated Christmas last year and for a short time. I need parts on my time table and not theirs so a simple discount code would make me happy.
I'm bettin' ECS will see this post and do something. An Orger discount code would be nice!

·
STILL Can't Stop the Rock
336 Posts
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a major purchase with ECS. Any qualms? Word on the street here is that they seem to have their act together.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Screwed me so screw you!

I've spent hundreds in the past with ECS in parts for my VWs and my last experience is enough to make me steer clear from now on. My windshield wipers were acting up so after research and troubleshooting, I purchased a new wiper relay from them. Upon installation, it immediately made the situation worse. Wipers wouldn't turn off, randomly park, inconsistent speeds... So I emailed ECS and basically got a response that I should have a "professional" look at it and got a refresher of their warranty policy.

"As stated on our website: "Due to the possible rapid failure of some products that are improperly installed or used, ECS Tuning cannot offer full warranty coverage on electrical components (i.e. air mass sensors, oxygen sensors, light bulbs..) or wearable mechanical items (i.e. brake rotors, brake pads, clutch discs, clutch pressure plates, flywheels..). "

I explained that I had put in a new wiper switch and inspected and lubed the wiper linkage and the only thing left to change was the wiper relay. When it didn't work properly, I put the original relay back just to get back some usable control. My next response from "Benny C." was:

Larry,

Our policy is pretty much universal throughout the industry. We obviously do not wish to alienate our customers, but feel our return policy is fair.

Benny C.

Well fair is fair Benny, I was planning on ordering a timing belt kit but too bad. I'm taking my business elsewhere and ending my years of loyal patronage. The $ I'm out isn't the issue, it's basically being told you're SOL. The perfect way to alienate your customers!

·
6 Is Better Than 5 ;)
1,055 Posts
Well fair is fair Benny, I was planning on ordering a timing belt kit but too bad.
I ordered mine from Blauparts

ECS is the place to go for the parts you can't find elsewhere...

My last 3 orders all had items that were on backorder...EVEN THOUGH site said items were in stock.

Out of those 3 times, I only ONCE received an email stating that item was out of stock {a week later}. The other 2 times I had to email them...There reply "Item is hitting the docks soon, we will update you"...was never updated :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I actually find their pricing quite high. Talked to Jon and was told that they were operating with minimal margins, and could offer no special discounting, nor felt there was a need.

That's what happens when you think you're the only game in town!

But I must say, I have received excellent service on what I have bought.

In their defense about BOs, any thing coming thru Customs in unpredictable. I have had commercial shipments hang up, once received in the States AND unloaded, for a week or more. Consider how many containers hit our Ports daily.

MORAV

1 - 16 of 16 Posts