NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now is a great time to be a Volkswagen fanatic. The freshened New Beetle just hit market, and there's the all-new Jetta, the all-new Passat, the Touareg (which will be freshened with the new family style soon), and the Phaeton (ditto). We've got a host of exciting product in the pipeline, from the (finally) new GTI to the spectacular new Eos coupe-cabriolet. And we've got exciting new technology, such as the super efficient twin-charged TSI engine lineup, hybrid powertrains (finaly), and more.

It's tough to take more than a few days away from the rumor mill without being hit with something new and exciting from the Volkswagen/Audi Group. We'll do our best to keep you posted, but don't hesitate to contribute. As the subtitle says, "if you've got the dish, pass the peas" :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
No 2.0T for New Beetle is expected

:( Hi! I e-mailed VW to inquire about the 2.0T 200 HP being put into the New Beetle. No future plans to do so was the answer. I really hope this changes. I have my fingers crossed that the new Jetta with 2.0T & GLI & upcoming GTI will be sales successes, and open VW eyes to putting this motor / package in a New Beetle. (Please VW !)

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've got the 2.5l I5 as the new base engine, so I presume the only thing keeping the 2.0T is percieved demand, and eating away at GLI or GTI sales.

Since the new Golf and Jetta are porkers, it would mean a Beetle 2.0T would be a little spritlier than the GLI and the GTI.

We'll see how things go with the freshened New Beetle and a new batch of advertising. Personally, how about a 280 hp 3.6l VR6 with 4motion, you know, since we never got the RSi in the States. Anyone? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts