VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,224 Posts
Wow, that exciting! First Audi, in a VW I have seen! :) What are you doing; for the ecu or are you doing some reprogramming? Any other performance upgrades; that you are planning? :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TT engine, ecu and loom. V5 gearbox fwd. vr6 clutch and flywheel. Moved a couple of pins around on loom and had ecu coded to key ? and clocks ?
Very easy conversation
Future plans supercharger

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,224 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have both cars. V5 and 20vt gearsbox's have same gears but different bell house's. Could of gone 6 With tt box but would have had to remove the transfer box. A 02M only fits a 4 cylinder engine. Different bell houses again. Will be be tdi 5 gear in for motorway driving

·
Registered
18,224 Posts
Ahh, the tdi 5th gear swap; that would make, for better highway driving! I had a 1.8T New Beetle with the 02J 5 speed and at highway speeds, the rpm's were exhausting and annoying.

The 02M, was used in with a number of different engines; from the 4 clyinder and even the VR6. Here in the USA; the used the 02M in the "Turbo S" USA spec New Beetle; which is very similar to the the "V5" UK spec New Beetle. I always wondered; why, they didn't put the 02M with the V5 motor on that model.

Other models with the 02M here in the USA; were the Jetta GLI, Golf GTI and Golf R32 with the 4motion Haldex system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
First - congratulations on the transplant - very cool accomplishment.

For those of us with the older NB's (mine is a 1999), your Beetle and the engine you used are in the "Mk5" family of engines, is that correct?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank ?
No the engine is out of a 2004 audi tt v6. My bug is a 2002 v5 sport
Mk1 tt v6 and mk4 r32 are the same chassis, same as our new beetle just awd. Mk5 r32 and tt v6 2006+ are the newer set up

·
Registered
18,224 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Interesting, I do know; the Audi TT is very close to the New Beetle. Interesting, that you chose the V5 New Beetle transmission; any reason, you chose the 5 speed over the 02M 6 speed?

There definitely; are some VR6 supercharger kits, out there: :)

VR6 supercharger kit - Google Search

Keep the photos and updates coming! The install looks factory! Look'n good! :p
Yeah I no Billy because you can f’n turbo it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.