NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SgtBeetle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems like every time it rains, the floor behind my drivers side seat is wet. I can't find any aears that look like they would let in water, and it's just the carpet, not the seats or anything else. It is not coolant.I don't have a sunroof. Any thoughts? Has this happend to anyone else?
Thanx

·
SgtBeetle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked this up on the old forums, and it looks like a firewall problem, anyone had this happen, fixed it or had it fixed?

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Behind the drivers seat huh? that's a long way for water to travel from the firewall to be first noticed. my first guess what a sunroof drain clog, but you sure shot that down.

damn, i dunno, maybe some testhing should be in order!

·
Registered
21 Posts
water

my '02 has the same problem, except the water is behind the passenger seat. I do have a sunroof but there is no evidence of water on the headliner. I tried spraying the car with a hose for a long time, but did not find any water going in. I posted about a month ago asking the same question,but got no response. please let me know if you find something.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Water on the drivers side.

I get water on the drivers side on the floor..I dont know where its coming from..I lifted up the floor mat and the carpet below it was dry. I thought maybe it was from my feet but there no way I could track in that much water..I am wondering now if my door isnt closing properly or the seal is gone.

·
SgtBeetle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beetlerobb: Based on my research, it sounds like you have a clogged drain tube.

Osprey: I would check and see if it smells sweet, could be heater core, or maybe a firewall grommet. Also could be a window seal.

Good luck guys

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I had a similar problem with the seal around my tail lights. it was leaking into my trunk and subsequently into my back seat.

To assist with the situation...you are going to need to dry it.

What i did was remove as much carpeting as possible. Next i bought some of those things you can stick under your sink or in your bathroom to collect moisture out of the air to prevent mold and mildew. I had one in the trunk and i lifted my rear seat and stuck one there. I then rolled down all the windows and blew two pedestal fans through the windows for a couple nights. Bam, no more moisture and dry and a bone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts