NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I've been noticing a bad smell in "Ringo" (my 05' NBC) lately and was thinking that maybe there was some wet milk on a gallon of milk we bought at the supermarket a few days ago. (So I left the lid open in the garage the other night to let it air out.) But that hasn't solved the problem.

However this morning, when I was getting my work stuff out of there, I noticed that some of the hats we kept in the trunk were soaked and I've had other things that have gotten wet in the trunk earlier this year too.

Has anyone here had this problem with their car and could tell me what could be causing it. My first thought is that it is the seal but upon inspection it appears to be in good condition.

Ringo is out of Warranty at 65K miles and I love him too much to sell him. Up until this year he was an outdoor Beetle until we moved to a house that had a nice warm garage for him to sleep in and I never had a problem.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond! :)

·
to sell or not to sell?
33 Posts
Hi! I keep some papers in the trunk bc there isn't much room in the glove box...I went to go through them the other day and they were all damp/wet...So I was kinda wondering the same thing if it's a seal-problem or what?

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
I know its a known problem and that i don't own a vert, but i remember that the rear glass sometimes seperates from the fabric and needs to be reattached. Well, if it seperates at the bottom, water will seep right in when the top is up and eventually make its way to the trunk floor.

Anoter problem is common on both coupes and convertibles. The 3rd brake light loses its seal and weater leaks in through it and makes its way down to the trunk or sparetire bucket.

Finally, i'd recommend the sunroof holes, but yea you barely have a roof :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts