NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering what are now the best spark plugs ? There is now some evolution, Iridium or others...

I have to change my New beetle 1.6L spark plug and i would like to take good one....in order to have good performance and benzine economies :)

Thanks a lot for any advices,

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
We don't have the 1.6L in the North American spec New Beetles but I did acquire the UK spec Haynes #3798 service manual and for the 1.6L it lists the Volkswagen part # 101000033A and the typical aftermarket part # PFR6Q.

NGK (6458) PFR6Q Laser Platinum Spark Plug

To save money, typically getting the NGK plug vs. the VW badged version; will save you money, online is normally cheaper but you might try places in the UK like eurocarparts.co.uk, which seems very a popular and have good locations all over (from what I hear).

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=NGK+(6458)+PFR6Q+Laser+Platinum+Spark+Plug&meta=cr=countryUK|countryGB&btnG=search

I hope this helps! :)

PS: if you don't have it already; I highly recommend the Haynes VW Beetle service manual, it is affordable and from what I have seen, is a good repair manual to refer to. :goodjob:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?cr=countryUK|countryGB&hl=en&tbs=ctr:countryUK|countryGB&ei=4i3FW5DUAsq_jwSTzYP4DQ&q=Haynes+#3798+service+manual&oq=Haynes+#3798+service+manual&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i299l2.142159.142159..142670...0.0..0.177.177.0j1......0....1j2..gws-wiz.XSmQmcal-cQ

·
Registered
40 Posts
I want to get the oem spark plugs for my 2004 2.0 convertible. BGD engine. All auto part sites list a myriad of plugs , I know these cars aré finicky when it comes to plugs. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Earlier 2.0L engine codes; used to use Bosch plugs but the 1.8T's always used NGK.

Looking online with your engine code; the genuine vw badged spark plugs, look like Bosch branded plugs. VW part # 101000062AB. You should be fine with Bosch or the equivelent in NGK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts