NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a new new beetle know the locations of the satellite and monsoon boxes? I have an old new beetle. :)

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
or... if you have a convertible... the Monsoon amp is in that little black metal basket hanging from the "roof" of the trunk on the driver's side.

My understanding was that the satellite tuner was actually built into the OEM sat radio headunit (meaning there would be no external "box")... but having not had the opportunity to work with one yet, I can't say for sure.

The sat antenna is integrated into the standard roof antenna on the coupes, and is a small separate antenna box mounted in the center of the upper dash on the 'verts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What makes you think there is no box. ETKA shows part numbers for the XM and Sirius boxes. No location though.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
VelvetFoot said:
What makes you think there is no box. ETKA shows part numbers for the XM and Sirius boxes. No location though.
Like I said... it's just what I've heard. Also, like I said, I haven't been able to work with them personally, yet... so I can't say for sure. If the EKTA mentions a unique part number for the boxes... and it's not the entire headunit... then that would be a more reliable resource than me ;)

·
bugbrosmom
5 Posts
sat box on NB

I just replaced the XM sat box on lisa's NB vert. The box is under the carpet on the firewall just below the glove box. It is mounted on 3 stds on the firewall, 15mm socket, take the bracket loose from the firewall and then take 3 torx screws from the bracket and the box is free. I ordered the replacement sirius unit from www.oempl.us on an exchange basis. the cost is $50.00 after the return of the exchange unit. they have both XM and Sirius. I have pictures if you need them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts