NewBeetle.org Forums banner

2381 - 2400 of 2441 Posts

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
Today I ordered a list of goodies for my beetle that's really going change a huge handling and breaking dynamic drastically.
1. Powerstop Z23 Brake upgrade ( cross-drilled and slotted with painted red calipers)
2. ECS stainless steel brake lines front, mid, and rear.
3. H&R front and rear sway bar kit 22mm 25mm.
4 ECS centered mounting plates.

These should complete my whole suspension setup. I'll post some pics once they arrived and installed.

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
The first half of my brake kit came in. Rear should be arriving any day now

Attachments

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Lol. I finally did something to my beetle today.
I installed 1/2" wheel spacers.
Could have maybe went a hair thicker, but stuff woulda hit/rubbed.
Either way, they are on, and, Im happy.

Next, Im going to upgrade the oem radiator, with a super cool aluminum one from ECS, and at same time, replace the a/c condenser.

Attachments

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
My rear brakes just came in. Awesome! Now just got to wait for the brake lines and then we're in business!(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fixed the brake light problem. Also, I finally pulled the trigger on the aFe intake since I saw a nice deal at 4wheelonline. I chose the one with Pro Dry S filter for easy maintenance.

·
Registered
1964 Deluxe, 2005 GLS 2014 Rline
268 Posts
Fixed the brake light problem. Also, I finally pulled the trigger on the aFe intake since I saw a nice deal at 4wheelonline. I chose the one with Pro Dry S filter for easy maintenance.
got a link to the filter

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
Just got back from San Francisco trip and took my beetle out of the garage for a bit. It's nice to get out of the Camry after the trip

Attachments

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Filled up the water/meth tank, drained my oil catch can. Washed windshield of bugs, filled up w/fresh 93.

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
My door sills came in last night and the look of the sills kind of boring. It's just black which was the total opposite of what I was going for. I was hoping for aluminum so one or two things that I'm thinking about right now. I'm either going to look at bugsgo or I may use the sills and get painted with an aluminum finish. Either way I'll figure it out.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Just received/unwrapped/prepped, and, installed my pinalloy black steering wheel vw emblem.
Snapped a pic. Here it is in all its glory.
Me likey!!! Especially with german flag colors underneath.

Attachments

2381 - 2400 of 2441 Posts