NewBeetle.org Forums banner

2401 - 2420 of 2441 Posts

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
Took the VW out and gave her a nice wash and went to the Negative H20 car meet. It was such a nice turnout and of course social was enforced. It was the first meet we had since the beginning of COVID 19.

Attachments

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
I went to the monthly Negative H20 car meet today but I didn't stay because it was a bit cold and windy so I was only able to take several pics which is better than nothing.

Attachments

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
Good news and bad news. Well let's start with the good news I finally purchased the clear side markers which also leads us to the bad news I won't get them until May 5, 2021 so there's that. I least I got them it's just going to be a waiting game now. Oh well.!!!:confused:

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Got a bunch of interior bling bling coming. Some arrived yesterday.
I did find some black Rline side badges. Should be here before xmas.
Still no snow on the ground, so been out cruising da bug fairly often.
Got 2 diff sets of sequential mirror lites coming. Hopefully, one of them will fit.
Hope everyones staying safe out there.
Have a Merry Xmas!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
More bling arrived. Well half of it.
Ordered a pair of these red billet seat adjusters. Both came. I ordered red. I got one red. One clear one. 😏
Replacement one wont arrive til end of jan. Wtf.
Either way, heres a pic of one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Got my black Rline emblems from Pinalloy. Installed. Of course I trashed the chrome ones, whilst removing them. 🙄

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
30 Posts
Took the Beetle to VW to get the brake switch recall done. In and out in 15 mins, and of course it was free.

Spent the rest of the morning:
  • replacing the backup switch - backup lights now work
  • replaced bulb in one of the fog lamps (filament broke off cleanly - must have been whacked)
  • replaced transmission fluid with redline MTL (already had it on hand for another vehicle that I got rid of)
  • polished the headlights. DA + Meguiar's Plast-X. Came out really well.
  • Fixed the rear latch on the passenger headlamp access/dust cover. No more dust getting in there.

Here it is on the street. Eerie looking but kind of cool as you come upon it. Headlights are in the house curing as the protective spray can't get wet for 24 hours.

·
Registered
2000 2L 9C Beetle
34 Posts
Took this beetle back from youngest son - definitely needs new battery and total deep clean - grrrr kids :mad: I have already removed the front seats to try and clean them - they are filthy.

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
30 Posts
Took this beetle back from youngest son - definitely needs new battery and total deep clean - grrrr kids :mad: I have already removed the front seats to try and clean them - they are filthy.
Wow! That is a mess. Be sure and post 'after' pictures when you're done.
I have water stains on my seats from I think a leaking sunroof. Going to try the Bissel with hand attachments. Oh wait, maybe I'll see if I can fix the driver's seat heater first.

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
30 Posts
Replaced the rear bushing on both lower control arms today with the Audi TT style. Also replaced the right ball joint as I could move it easily by hand when the control arm was removed. Lastly new rear shocks went in.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Installed my Kwii white inlay into steering wheel, then reinstalled my black pinalloy vw emblem. I likey.

Now just waiting on loads of parts to arrive from all over.

Oh yeah. Pulled the trigger, and am having my "summer/racing" wheels powdercoated gloss black.
With all the blackin out chit Im doing, it was the next step. Lol

Im hoping n praying my mirrors from UK bolt on and work. Even the light portion/lens on those is almost black. Plus mirror assys themselves are alot smaller/stealthier looking then their American counterparts. Imho.

Attachments

2401 - 2420 of 2441 Posts