VW Beetle Forum banner

2441 - 2452 of 2452 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
40 Posts
I finally have more than 1 working key for my Beetle!

• got 2 key blades cut from KeysInThePost.com. They're in the UK but they were cheaper than local locksmiths, local hardware stores (that didn't have the right vice anyways), and cheaper than the swap meet key cutter guy.
  • 2 ebay fobs. Put the blades above into them. Paired the fobs no problem as I already had 1 working fob.
  • rented a genuine vag tacho cable and just got done pairing the key's RFIDs

Happy to have 2 spares now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I replaced the water pump and timing belt. I also bought a Magnaflow catback at 4wheelonline because my buddy has one and I really like the sound of it.

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
40 Posts
Replaced the rear swing arm bushings with Cupra R bushings. Thankfully the ones originally in the car were plastic shelled so it was easy to get them out. Haven't driven it yet, but the originals were still in good condition so I don't think they are the reason the car feels a little nervous on the freeway.

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
40 Posts
Got any photos comparing the two; where did you get them from? Be sure to tell us; the before and after install, handling, any feeling differences you notice.
I don't have any before photos of the originals as they were cut apart to get them out. Lots of posts over at TDIClub. Here's the diy tools I made to pull in the new bushings. Wednesday I'll be back to my commute and can give my impression.

2441 - 2452 of 2452 Posts