VW Beetle Forum banner
2441 - 2460 of 2469 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
46 Posts
I finally have more than 1 working key for my Beetle!

• got 2 key blades cut from KeysInThePost.com. They're in the UK but they were cheaper than local locksmiths, local hardware stores (that didn't have the right vice anyways), and cheaper than the swap meet key cutter guy.
  • 2 ebay fobs. Put the blades above into them. Paired the fobs no problem as I already had 1 working fob.
  • rented a genuine vag tacho cable and just got done pairing the key's RFIDs

Happy to have 2 spares now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I replaced the water pump and timing belt. I also bought a Magnaflow catback at 4wheelonline because my buddy has one and I really like the sound of it.

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
46 Posts
Replaced the rear swing arm bushings with Cupra R bushings. Thankfully the ones originally in the car were plastic shelled so it was easy to get them out. Haven't driven it yet, but the originals were still in good condition so I don't think they are the reason the car feels a little nervous on the freeway.

·
Registered
2001 Beetle TDI 5 spd
46 Posts
Got any photos comparing the two; where did you get them from? Be sure to tell us; the before and after install, handling, any feeling differences you notice.
I don't have any before photos of the originals as they were cut apart to get them out. Lots of posts over at TDIClub. Here's the diy tools I made to pull in the new bushings. Wednesday I'll be back to my commute and can give my impression.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Replaced/installed new mirror glass in outside mirrors. Had euro style/aka, bass ackwards glass in before.
Now all is right with the world.

Attachments

·
Black Velvet
1,121 Posts
Celebrating my birthday by taking my beetle out for the first time in 2021

Attachments

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Did the final piece of the puzzle yesterday.
My rear spoilers paint job /prep has been driving me nutso ever since I installed it.
So yesterday, cruised into the cities, and had the top of it covered/wrapped, in red carbon fiber vinyl.
I likey.

Whatcha think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 2L 9C Beetle
40 Posts
Not sure if you remember my before photos but here are some progress photos of the worst interior ever.
The back seat has a cover as there was a mark I just could not get off - I think it was either tar or grease. Needed a new speed sensor, new battery and the interior had a few plastic bits replaced - I could not find for the life of me a beige cover that goes under the steering wheel but did find a grey one and sprayed it black - only someone who knows will pick it at first. Will be selling her as soon as we get back from our Easter holiday.

interior7.jpg
interior6.jpg
interior5.jpg
interior4.jpg
interior3.jpg
interior2.jpg
interior1.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Changed the cabin filter and wiper blades, and cleaned/polished the two headlight lens. (One lens turned out better than the other.) Just bought my 2006 2.5L Hatchback this week and I'm doing some maintenance and repairs to make it more like new. It only has 57K on it and I don't think the cabin filter was ever changed. Seriously. There was more stuff under the dashboard than I could fit in my vacuum. I had to pull it out by hand before I could vacuum the area and take the filter out. But I'm getting more familiar with the car and liking it more and more each day... Looking forward to finishing up this week and taking it for a nice long ride in the mountains.

2441 - 2460 of 2469 Posts