NewBeetle.org Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2348 Posts

·
2015 Acura TLX
5,429 Posts
well...I removed the front emblem and painted the lettering a nice "shiny" silver. Also bought a black canvas patch from a fabric/crafts store and ironed it onto the worn out bolster on the driver's seat which is also black cloth. It looks fine! I've put a nice bead of black adhesive/sealant around my headlight cans. The seals were trash.

A few inquiries on my car (for sale) but I haven't marketed it yet.

all in all, a productive day... :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Today I gave the passenger headlamp a slight tug and it popped out. So I reinstalled it.

Why do I forsee this becoming a normal thing?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can't beat the true love stories here, but tonight I put the light beige floor mats in the bath with tons of carpet shampoo, got in the bath with them all and scrubbed them with a bristle brush, then rinsed clean. Air drying in the bath attached to a clothes dryer, so no one can shower until I decide they are done :)

I don't think they've ever been cleaned, so the water was like black coffee!! They'd better kick butt tomorrow as I'm thinking of buying Monster Mats for the winter, and I want them to look like someone cares, if only for a few months...

·
"SunShine" 01 1.8T 5sp.
1,671 Posts
Its been raining so NO washing Smurfette but I did drive her today and talk to her. Put some halloween decorations in her for the holiday :D

·
agentVW
49 Posts
I replaced the antenna, then things got messy when I went to replace the bolts for the dog bone mount. It was already missing the bolt that goes through the rubber isolation into the transmission hence why I was changing them. Well once I got the old bolts out and got to looking that bolt was missing cause that hole was completely stripped out. Ended up using helicoil to repair the hole, first time I've used one but man did it work well. Car drive much smoother now that the engine isn't flopping around.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires, thermostat, and a fully Synthetic oil change. Well that was all done between Thursday night and last night. :p Today so far scanned him and cleared his codes. ;) Now to do some errands and freeze my :moon: off in our 50 degree and 40 mph winds and clean him up from all the work. :D

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
well, little miss Ali's been driving Ikiane for a couple of months...she's out of town, so i am babysitting for a few days. :cool:

needed to do a few things (rotate tires, check everything out...the basics. :wink:

bug was "Ali clean." :rolleyes: :eek: :(

so, Iki got a bath. full interior detail. and, refinished headlights. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
its a start

Put a new K&N air filter in while correcting a few air box issues. Neck that hold the MAF was missing the fasteners and the wrong size air filter was keeping the box from sealing. Cleaned the box and the mysterious high pitched whistle is now history.

Still have NGK plug wires and spark plugs to put in and an oil change (Mobile 1 high miles) with a flush of the windshield washer tank and refill with rainX washer fluid.

Waiting on the timeing belt and water pump package to arrive in the mail and the box with the Euro style badges and wheel center caps. Geting ready for a GtG in a couple of weeks and want to look good:rolleyes::cool:

41 - 60 of 2348 Posts
About this Discussion
2.3K Replies
345 Participants
Speedracer46**
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing